The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2020 Edition

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#261 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 18:39

Here in Costa Rica you are not allowed to buy inks and legally import them into the country. They are considered "chemicals" and you need a special permit, and to contract the permanent services of a chemist as the "regent" of your inks stock, to inform authorities about your use and disposal of it... So, when the only reseller of Montblanc products in does not have a given ink available, you simply have no chances.

Fortunately, my wife came back yesterday after one year of postdoc studios in Germany, so I ask her to bring back these:

fpn_1598807534__3_inks.jpg

Permanent Black has become my ink of choice for my 149 Calligraphy, and I decided to give a try also to the Permanent Blue...

Sponsored Content

#262 kulnet

kulnet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 20:12

I picked up a bottle of Corn Poppy yesterday. I'm happy to have it in my collection.

#263 Pennenut

Pennenut

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 20:51

IMG_1135.JPG

I recently purchased the Petit Prince and Planet fountain pen with an EF nib. Today I have noticed plating discolouration or plating loss on the dome of the cap. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

#264 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 23:30

fpn_1598450768__cobalt_green.jpg

fpn_1598450834__elixir_egyptomania_colle

fpn_1598450912__egyptomania_note.jpg

This does look like a lovely ink.   I love the color and the shading!   Thank you, Tom K. for sharing it with us.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#265 admmarcos

admmarcos

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 23:48

attachicon.gif IMG_1135.JPG

I recently purchased the Petit Prince and Planet fountain pen with an EF nib. Today I have noticed plating discolouration or plating loss on the dome of the cap. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

This is really unacceptable! The higher the price, the less quality? I should contact the seller and ask for repair.

#266 Jarod

Jarod

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 00:05

This is really unacceptable! The higher the price, the less quality? I should contact the seller and ask for repair.

If the pen was bought through an authorized MB dealer or directly through MB, the pen should have a warranty. If the pen was bought from another type of seller, and if the pen was sold "as is", there's not much that can be done, I believe. I would read the fine print and pursue it further.

#267 Linger

Linger

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 14:44

One of the very last! One of the last three on stock at Montblanc in fact. The Rouge et Noir Tropic Brown with an EF nib for quick note-taking on non-critical/"bad"/office paper.

A slim pen, but a very nice vintage look, with a stellar colour combination, with eyes on the snake, and with a surprising hefty weight/feel overall.

A nice little pen occupying a small niche in my collection, which consists of larger pens, in general.

Attached Images

• IMG_0880.jpeg

#268 AndyLogan

AndyLogan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 15:27

With a few hours to spare, finally did an online purchase at PenCraft, the local MB AD in the south, they had an ongoing 18% discount running til the end of the month. Got the Le Grand Le Petit Prince Planet FP, ink & notebook. Not only was I supporting the local store, I was also pleased with the savings I got. Now for the long wait for a nib exchange from an M to an OM.

And looking at the La Couronne du Comte site, seems they have another L.E. blue ink:

fpn_1598887539__fpn_1598887415__montblan

image courtesy of LCdC.

Edited by AndyLogan, 31 August 2020 - 15:29.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

#269 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 23:21

attachicon.gif IMG_1135.JPG

It seems to be missing the engraved quotation also

#270 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2020 - 23:03

With a few hours to spare, finally did an online purchase at PenCraft, the local MB AD in the south, they had an ongoing 18% discount running til the end of the month. Got the Le Grand Le Petit Prince Planet FP, ink & notebook. Not only was I supporting the local store, I was also pleased with the savings I got. Now for the long wait for a nib exchange from an M to an OM.

And looking at the La Couronne du Comte site, seems they have another L.E. blue ink:

fpn_1598887539__fpn_1598887415__montblan

It's a very grey blue. Very similar to L'artisan Pastellier Olifants

image courtesy of LCdC.

#271 ljmudit

ljmudit

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:04

fpn_1599199087__whatsapp_image_2020-09-0

As a long time Noodlers Heart of Darkness user, I was recently converted into Montblanc Permanent Black while admiring some amazing calligraphy work by fpupulin sir. It's quite dryer than HOD which brings out stubbiness of my 149's broad nib. Dries with a shiny finish unlike the matte finish on HOD. And yes, no bleedthrough/ghosting even on the cheapest of papers and especially on Leuchtturm which is a nightmare to use with Noodlers or even Pilot inks. Loving this ink right now and I'm on my third fill since I bought it a week back. 

Edited by ljmudit, 04 September 2020 - 06:05.

#272 Cyrille

Cyrille

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 20:47

Some great things arrived today. Next will be the Egyptomania Doué fountain pen and the pen pouch when received by my reseller :)

50317543847_12746a2b81_c.jpg

#273 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,346 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2020 - 22:41

My notebook arrived this morning. Very pleased with it.

#274 Mariusz888

Mariusz888

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2020 - 19:59

My last purchase. The nib is F - I was supposed to replace it, but I think it will stay because it is so precise that you can write even small letters. (Photos from the smartphone for now.)

Post udostępniony przez Zegarki i Pióra (@zegarkiipiora)

ZEGARKI I PIÓRA.COM / WATCHES & FOUNTAIN PENS.COM - website about fountain pens and watches (news, reviews, tests) :)

#275 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2020 - 17:20

fpn_1600012485__montblanc_ink_quartet.jp

Montblanc Ink Quartet

Sponsored Content

|