What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2020 Edition

RMN

This is the new 2020 version of the MB Purchases topic.

The old one can be found at:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/342617-whats-your-most-recent-mb-purchase-2019-edition/?p=4289129&do=findComment&comment=4289129

Enjoy

Dick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• DrDebG

• DilettanteG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

149 Platinum (by the way: excellent service provided by Joost Appelboom!). Instead of my default choice (EF nib), I decided to try something slightly different, but I’m not convinced so far: the Fine nib is way too broad. The pen will then probably fly to Mike Masuyama or John Sorowka for a nib adjustment. That said, the ink flow is good and the “writing feeling” is smooth. And the 149 is gorgeous as always. :)

fpn_1578304453__b26db534-68e8-42a5-95a7-

Edited by A1979

149 Platinum (by the way: excellent service provided by Joost Appelboom!). Instead of my default choice (EF nib), I decided to try something slightly different, but I’m not convinced so far: the Fine nib is way too broad. The pen will then probably fly to Mike Masuyama or John Sorowka for a nib adjustment. That said, the ink flow is good and the “writing feeling” is smooth. And the 149 is gorgeous as always. :)

~ A1979:

Congratulations!

Your Platinum 149 is lovely.

Thank you for the very nice photograph.

Tom K.

Congratulations Tom !!

You seem to finish them real quick .

That's a lot of writing.

Enjoy :)

fpn_1578898087__greek_blue_again.jpg

A Third Bottle of Montblanc Homer Greek Blue

~ Cyrille:

Your Alfred Hitchcock nib images are superb.

Thank you for posting them here.

That's truly a very special fountain pen for 2020.

Tom K.

Great pen, congratulations (I have the RB)! The only minor “downside” is the need of regular cleaning - the “vertigo pattern” tends to collect dust. That said, it remains a gorgeous pen.

First pen of 2020, the Great Characters Alfred Hitchcock limited edition 3000:

Edited by A1979

I picked up this Montblanc lot on eBay last week. Everything seems to be authentic and I'm kind of loving the nineties Le Grand 161 ballpoint. Surprising as I'm not usually a ballpoint fan. (I picked this up mostly for the 2 pen case, but happy to have a matching ballpoint for my 146 and 147.) The single pen case was actually listed as a cigar case, but seems to be the Florence.

Everything is in good used condition, instead of the "like new" described for two of the items. I'm not sure if $250 was a good deal or just fair considering.

fpn_1579043162__montblanc_lot.jpg

I picked up this Montblanc lot on eBay last week. Everything seems to be authentic and I'm kind of loving the nineties Le Grand 161 ballpoint. Surprising as I'm not usually a ballpoint fan. (I picked this up mostly for the 2 pen case, but happy to have a matching ballpoint for my 146 and 147.) The single pen case was actually listed as a cigar case, but seems to be the Florence.

Everything is in good used condition, instead of the "like new" described for two of the items. I'm not sure if $250 was a good deal or just fair considering.

fpn_1579043162__montblanc_lot.jpg

Very nice! Looks like a winner to me!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

~ DilettanteG:

That's a very nice group of items.

As I love Florence pen cases, I'm glad to see yours.

Thank you for posting the image here.

Tom K.

Thanks guys. Buying Montblanc on eBay is always a bit of a gamble, so I'm relieved that they seem genuine. The Florence was a nice surprise as I thought it was a cigar case and I don't actually smoke. I am a little worried that I'll feel compelled to buy a 149 Calligraphy to fill it, even though I'm pretty sure it will be way too big for me.

Who knows, maybe my Pelikan M1000 will want to go on a trip?

• 3 weeks later...

Today I found my first 2020 Montblanc, it is a 333 1/2 model which is in fantastic conditions.

Gktj19V.jpg

2Whgi1X.jpg

6RyUvIQ.jpg

The gold plated steel nib seems to have some flexibility, but I have not yet tried it.

Alfredo

I did it! I ordered the Montblanc Great Characters JFK Special Edition in blue with a BB nib from Fritz Schimpf. Forgive me if you have seen a similar post on other threads. I am just so excited! It will be here in a few weeks. :D

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I did it! I ordered the Montblanc Great Characters JFK Special Edition in blue with a BB nib from Fritz Schimpf. Forgive me if you have seen a similar post on other threads. I am just so excited! It will be here in a few weeks. :D

:)

i can feel your excitement. enjoy!

Finally bit the bullet and bought a Sienna three pen case for my Burgundy Le Grand set. This is the first time I've bought anything by MB in new condition with all the packaging, thanks to a very kind fellow enthusiast on FPN. I was very pleased to the see the quality is just as good as my other MB cases from the nineties. (I was a little concerned as my new Pelikan two pen pouch is a shadow of my older Pelikan three pen.) Glad to see Montblanc is still making a really quality product.

On the other hand the MB case cost almost three times as much as my Pelikan case. So, maybe not a fair comparison.

fpn_1581032229__montblanc_sienna_3_pen_p