Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke 2020-2023

RMN

Good to see Tom out and about. I hope he cleansed the camera after ;)

I haven't left the apartment yet, but got my photo ID pass to leave the complex today. It is not that I couldn't, but the paperwork, passport, and the need for a translator makes it a hassle.

Shenzhen is showing no new cases in the last 3 days. This "lockdown" is working.

Send my regards to Tom if it convenient.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• DrDebG

• meiers

• Cyrille81

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of photos from Tom Kellie. He is thinking of all of you!

fpn_1582496817__2020_02_22_1.jpg

fpn_1582496833__2020_02_22_2.jpg

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

A couple of photos from Tom Kellie. He is thinking of all of you!

fpn_1582496817__2020_02_22_1.jpg

fpn_1582496833__2020_02_22_2.jpg

I’m sure being able to continue with his passions for photography, pens, and writing are of inestimable value to Tom when the rest of his world has been turned on end. Thanks for the update, Deb.

Glad to know Tom is well and enjoying his beloved fountain pens despite the terrible virus. Hang in there, Tom. Many thanks to the contributor getting messages to Tom.

So, since Pelikan and MB aren't announcing anything right now, and we can't show pictures of anything that might be, uh, well, you know... I thought I'd put up a not very good picture of some oldies but goodies. You're welcome.

fpn_1582751836__mb_wes.jpg

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

So, since Pelikan and MB aren't announcing anything right now, and we can't show pictures of anything that might be, uh, well, you know... I thought I'd put up a not very good picture of some oldies but goodies. You're welcome.

:yikes: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

My, oh my!

Beautiful Bill. Thanks for posting this.

My beaten up wallet says this is just too much temptation!

An email from Tom Kellie today:

I went out for grocery shopping today at midday.

The city looks to be roughly 35% back to normal.

The subway cars and buses had more ridership, albeit far lower than before.

Shopping areas were partially opened, yet almost no customers anywhere, including in a large French-owned supermarket.

Improvement remains a gradual, step-by-step process at all levels.

Heavy security and rigorous health checks remain the norm everywhere.

Both Yubi and I are doing fine, feeling blessed to be spared the severe discomfort of tens of millions of others.

With Happiness,

Tom

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

What a stunning array of fine MBs! Thank you for sharing!

Tom Kellie sends his regards, and sends this gorgeous photo entitled "In a Light Breeze" for your enjoyment:

fpn_1583212496__2020_03_02_in_a_light_br

Thank you 5C! And thank you Tom! Best regards to you as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone - Tom Kellie is alive and well.

He and a friend were out enjoying the weather a couple of days ago and sent me these pictures.

fpn_1584822571__spring_2.jpg

fpn_1584822581__spring_1.jpg

Tom is an amazing photographer. I wanted to share with you some of his outstanding photography:

fpn_1584822595__spring_4.jpg

fpn_1584822605__spring_5.jpg

It seems many were out enjoying the day. Even the SWAT police need a break - even it is just to catch up with friends:

fpn_1584822619__spring_6.jpg

Tom and I both wish everyone to stay healthy and be well!

fpn_1584822631__spring_7.jpg

Excellent, thanks for the news! And please send my best regards as well.

• 1 month later...

I wonder how Tom is doing. Now were in Coronavirusland as well.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

~ Both Yubi annd I are robustly healthy, enjoying a pleasant life.

My retirement workload exceeds the university faculty responsibilities I left one year ago.

Aside from wearing a face mask at all times when out of my living quarters, and being subject to frequent perfunctory temperature checks, life here is routine.

There are the usual unstated tensions for assorted reasons, but on the whole all is well.

International Internet access remains compromised, which is to a certain degree due to where I work and live.

Daily fountain pen use has been such a joy for all of 2020.

Planning French language lessons has required careful fountain writing on a large scale, including assorted diacritical marks as required in le français.

As ever, Yubi remains the sunshine of my life, his gentle, easygoing, droll personality bringing happiness, week after week.

Tom K.