The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

‘Petrol’ And ‘Dark Lilac’ Safaris Still In Uk Shops

petrol dark lilac safari

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mercian

Mercian

Egregiously prolix

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:55

Today I was in the next town over, and I went in to its ‘WH Smith’ store.
As usual, I went to have a quick look at their pens, and was slightly surprised to see that, in February 2020, their display included the ‘Petrol’ Safari from 2017, and more-surprised to see that they also had the ‘Dark Lilac’ one from 2016.

Before anyone gets their hopes up, I must stress that these were only the pens - no cartridges, and certainly not any bottles, of the relevant LE inks.

So, is this availability just an anomaly that is attributable to my living out in the sticks, where nothing as recherché as a fountain pen sells-out fast?

Or are the rest of you still seeing these pens for sale in stores near you?

Cheers,
M.

Edited by Mercian, 04 February 2020 - 12:56.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Sponsored Content

#2 sebastel23

sebastel23

i'm not ham fisted. my hands are more bacon flat.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 13:35

reporting from heidelberg, or lamy town.

nope, those are all gone.

cheers,

s.

#3 chravagni

chravagni

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 21:00

Here five or six Dark Lilac are still available with normal retail price, in a b&m shop in the town. But the Petrol are all gone.

#4 Mercian

Mercian

Egregiously prolix

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2020 - 18:16

I was back there again today, and I checked the pens’ packaging - both do actually come with five T-10 cartridges of the relevant LE ink.

So, if any of you are in the English Midlands and are desperate for some cartridges of LAMY Petrol or Dark Lilac (with an M-nibbed Safari), PM me if you’d like to know the name of the town in which I’ve seen them on sale.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: petrol, dark lilac, safari

Sponsored Content

|