The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Aurora 88 Tiny Nib Markings - Mid 80's

aurora nib 1980s markings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bedlam

bedlam

Blue-black and written all over

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 19:48

Silly curiosity, this.

Cleaning my 88 from the 8o's sometime (first pen I ever bought) I see some really, really tiny figures at the bottom of the nib just before entering the section. I haven't found anything on these tiny markings, any ideas? 

From the top the nib reads 14k, 585, Aurora, that's all well and good, now here's the tricky bit, in an oval: a five pointed star, numeral 5,  _space_  TO. 

They are so tiny I don't think I have anything that could provide a good photo.

Now that I've spotted them, I can't let it go.

Thanks kindly.

Je suis, ergo sum
---Tom Stoppard

Sponsored Content

#2 effandpee

effandpee

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2020 - 19:51

It sounds like a hallmark. Italian hallmarks usually have a star, then a number for the goldsmith then two letters for the province (Torino/Turin in this case - which would make sense).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora, nib, 1980s, markings

Sponsored Content

|