Ranga Handmade Pens- Introducing Splendour Model In Striking Stripes Colours

mpkandan

Mine arrived just a few days ago... I was about to make an inquiry as when I checked India tracking showed it "bagged" in Chennai (apologies for any mis-spelling) near the start of the month, and US tracking could only state "can not track India".

Peaked, Black/White Striped with a Bock Titanium M nib (that nib looks small relative to the pen) shown next to an Opus 88 Bela and a Sheaffer Crest (#590).

fpn_1584740341__ranga_opus88_sheaffer.jp

{The Bela has a Bock nib, as the original "stub" I'd ordered turned out to be an obscene 2.3mm italic; Opus 88 switched from the Jowo unit of the Omar to Bock for the Bela}

Edited by BaronWulfraed

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpkandan

• sansenri

• BaronWulfraed

• Dip n Scratch

nice, thank you for showing yours!

I don't know the Opus 88 Bela, any other comparison vs a largish pen?

does look huge next to the Sheaffer...

eagerly waiting for mine...

That is a big pen. I am excited for mine.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

nice, thank you for showing yours!

I don't know the Opus 88 Bela, any other comparison vs a largish pen?

does look huge next to the Sheaffer...

eagerly waiting for mine...

Without doing another photo...

The Sheaffer is about an inch longer than a Pelikan M200 series, but is just a tad slimmer. It is the length of a Lamy Al-Star, but the Sheaffer thickness is about that of the flats on the Al-Star barrel.

Mine arrived just a few days ago... I was about to make an inquiry as when I checked India tracking showed it "bagged" in Chennai (apologies for any mis-spelling) near the start of the month, and US tracking could only state "can not track India".

Peaked, Black/White Striped with a Bock Titanium M nib (that nib looks small relative to the pen) shown next to an Opus 88 Bela and a Sheaffer Crest (#590).

{The Bela has a Bock nib, as the original "stub" I'd ordered turned out to be an obscene 2.3mm italic; Opus 88 switched from the Jowo unit of the Omar to Bock for the Bela}

Big thanks for posting nice picture Sir.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

We pray and wish for everyone safety in this tough time.

Shipment Update : We shipped almost all orders except 2 or 3 for special reason. Big thanks for great support . We have received around 100 orders. We will come with interesting Group buy next

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

We pray and wish for everyone safety in this tough time.

Shipment Update : We shipped almost all orders except 2 or 3 for special reason. Big thanks for great support . We have received around 100 orders. We will come with interesting Group buy next

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Hang in there everyone!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 2 weeks later...

Just received mine today. A bit surprised because I thought I would receive it only after our 21 day lock-down is lifted (April 14).Pictures below (apologies, the focus was not spot on in the two shots with the TWSBI 580 and Pilot Justus).

If the pen looks a little different than the 3 models offered, its because this is a bit of a hybrid - I asked for the cap of the "Round" variant, but the barrel of the "Torpedo" variant.

First impressions:

1) Very handsome pen. I'm happy with my choice of color - will go very well with sheening blues!

fpn_1585835193__rsplendour-5.jpg

2) This is BIG! pen at 167mm (6.6 inches) capped and 151mm (6inches uncapped) It dwarfs every other pen I own, including the rather large Ranga 9B in ebonite. Even large (though not oversize pens) like TWSBI 580AL and Pilot Justus seem puny in comparison:

fpn_1585834979__rsplendour-6.jpg

Dwarfs even the 6.1 inch Ranga 9B

fpn_1585834406__rsplendour-1.jpg

fpn_1585834509__rsplendour-2.jpg

Just for laughs, a comparison with the much smaller Sailor Pro Gear Slim. The capped Sailor is about the size of the uncapped Ranga without the nib!

fpn_1585834608__rsplendour-3.jpg

3) the Bock two tone nib looks nice but as Baron mentioned, probably looks small by comparison.

4) the section is a wide girth (probably 12-13 mm). On the out side of what I find comfortable though its more so because I hold it low, and this pen has a pronounced ridge

fpn_1585834882__rsplendour-4.jpg

4) It writes well; though as of now the feed is showing a tendency to dry out. However, this usually sorts itself out over time

6) Overall, very happy with this purchase. Kudos to Ranga for another winner!

Edited by TheVintagelife

Just received mine today. A bit surprised because I thought I would receive it only after our 21 day lock-down is lifted (April 14).Pictures below (apologies, the focus was not spot on in the two shots with the TWSBI 580 and Pilot Justus).

If the pen looks a little different than the 3 models offered, its because this is a bit of a hybrid - I asked for the cap of the "Round" variant, but the barrel of the "Torpedo" variant.

First impressions:

1) Very handsome pen. I'm happy with my choice of color - will go very well with sheening blues!

fpn_1585835193__rsplendour-5.jpg

2) This is BIG! pen at 167mm (6.6 inches) capped and 151mm (6inches uncapped) It dwarfs every other pen I own, including the rather large Ranga 9B in ebonite. Even large (though not oversize pens) like TWSBI 580AL and Pilot Justus seem puny in comparison:

fpn_1585834979__rsplendour-6.jpg

Dwarfs even the 6.1 inch Ranga 9B

fpn_1585834406__rsplendour-1.jpg

fpn_1585834509__rsplendour-2.jpg

Just for laughs, a comparison with the much smaller Sailor Pro Gear Slim. The capped Sailor is about the size of the uncapped Ranga without the nib!

fpn_1585834608__rsplendour-3.jpg

3) the Bock two tone nib looks nice but as Baron mentioned, probably looks small by comparison.

4) the section is a wide girth (probably 12-13 mm). On the out side of what I find comfortable though its more so because I hold it low, and this pen has a pronounced ridge

fpn_1585834882__rsplendour-4.jpg

4) It writes well; though as of now the feed is showing a tendency to dry out. However, this usually sorts itself out over time

6) Overall, very happy with this purchase. Kudos to Ranga for another winner!

Dear TheVintagelife ,

Very nice review and beautiful Pictures. Your customization is different and looks very nice.

Pleasure dealing with you

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Great review and pics - thanks. Is yours a polish or matte?

• 2 months later...

The pen is rather broad, 13-15mm in the section. Which meant I didn't indulge when they had the Group Buy.

I know what is my comfort zone after testing section widths with a micrometer.

The pen is rather broad, 13-15mm in the section. Which meant I didn't indulge when they had the Group Buy.

I know what is my comfort zone after testing section widths with a micrometer.

Yeah, it seems too broad for me too, but I like that it has more of a Montblanc 149 shape. Now I wish they made one like that of 146 size.

The standard Ranga section is stated as between 11 and 12.5mm. I actually like the concave section of the Ranga 8B & the 8B Group Buy was also my first intro to JoWo nibs. I don't think any of the colour combinations of the Splendour's acrylic were that desirable to me at the time.

I will certainly be keeping an eye out for anything once shipping of pens has re-started & settled down.

still waiting for mine, very patiently...

it will be in the blue striped resin

it will be this shape when capped

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2020/post-21092-0-65862200-1580586476.jpg

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2020/post-21092-0-19096500-1582045393.jpeg

but will not have a clip

it will be this colour

and will also have this section

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2020/post-21092-0-91755400-1580586512.jpg

It may possibly be too big for me, but I was too curious to try this size...

Edited by sansenri

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is here - got notified last week, picked it up at the post office today!

It looks very similar to sansenri's - only in purple and blue striped, and with the stock section shape.

I will think about getting the next Ranga with the more concave one... it looks very distinguished!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Mine is here - got notified last week, picked it up at the post office today!

It looks very similar to sansenri's - only in purple and blue striped, and with the stock section shape.

I will think about getting the next Ranga with the more concave one... it looks very distinguished!

Thanks a lot mhguda. Hopefully it is a advanced birthday gift for your next birthday

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Very nice color choice