The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Model: Lamy Dialog Cc (Scheduled For September?)

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:41

Here's a link to the promo video for what I assume is the "Ideal" (although it's labelled "Ideos" on the video).

https://bit.ly/2NqC6ge

(I'm more won over by the Dialog)

(edited to hide the link, and avoid spoilers for those who may not want to see the new pen until it arrives in stores).

Edited by dennis_f, 25 June 2020 - 17:20.

Sponsored Content

#42 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2020 - 23:10

Thanks for posting! Looks like a combination of previous designs - accent, studio, aion. Well see!
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#43 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:50

I don't see a way to extend/retract the nib.
the Danitrio Fellowship

#44 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:16

Thanks for posting! Looks like a combination of previous designs - accent, studio, aion. Well see!

And those little clips at the end of the barrel... aren't those reminiscent of the CP1?

Despite what I said in that post, it is slowly growing on me... but I still prefer the new look of the Dialog.

#45 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:18

I don't see a way to extend/retract the nib.

I think someone suggested earlier in this thread that the button near the nib (the square with the embossed logo) might trigger the nib... Maybe?!?  Unless Lamy has very cleverly hidden a seam around which a part of the barrel rotates (like the current model).

#46 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 21:32

I think someone suggested earlier in this thread that the button near the nib (the

square with the embossed logo) might
trigger the nib... Maybe?!?  Unless Lamy
has very cleverly hidden a seam around
which a part of the barrel rotates (like
the current model).

The video doesn't show the button moving when the nib extends. It looks more like a roll stop like on the Pico.
the Danitrio Fellowship

#47 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 21:49

The video doesn't show the button moving when the nib extends. It looks more like a roll stop like on the Pico.

Of course, yes, you're right (I was too busy watching the nib, probably).

I just rewatached the video: at the 3 second, 14 second, and the 32 second mark, you can clearly see the seam on both pens (more prominently on the white one).  Presumably then, this will be a twist operator. 

#48 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,518 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 22:12

Of course, yes, you're right (I was too busy watching the nib, probably).

I just rewatached the video: at the 3 second, 14 second, and the 32 second mark, you can clearly see the seam on both pens (more prominently on the white one).  Presumably then, this will be a twist operator. 

Sharp eyes. I still can't see it on my phone.
the Danitrio Fellowship

#49 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:40

Sharp eyes. I still can't see it on my phone.

Had to wear my glasses AND watching it on a 27" monitor.  I can't see anything on my phone.

If you're really curious, it's clearest at the 14 second mark; look at the white pen, directly below where it's top edge is passing through the hoop.  The seam is directly in line with the inner ring of the hoop as it strikes the top of the pen. The seam on the blue pen is a bit to the right of that line.

At the 32 second mark, the seam on the white pen is about two thirds of the way between the nib and the point at which the pen hits the (right hand) screen frame.

Edited by dennis_f, 27 June 2020 - 02:41.

#50 devmal

devmal

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:38

Wow. Both these new pen models are beautiful! I can’t wait to get my hands on them. 

#51 bogiesan

bogiesan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 20:37

I think someone suggested earlier in this thread that the button near the nib (the square with the embossed logo) might trigger the nib... Maybe?!?  Unless Lamy has very cleverly hidden a seam around which a part of the barrel rotates (like the current model).

Are we talking about the Dialog cc or the Ideo? 

Lamy says this about the cc: 

“The LAMY dialog cc, a new variant of the capless twist-action fountain pen LAMY dialog, deserves special mention. Equipped with the same ingenious twist mechanism as the LAMY dialog, the new LAMY dialog cc is smaller and more delicate and offers numerous possibilities for use thanks to its handy size.“

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

#52 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 934 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 20:47

“The LAMY dialog cc, a new variant of the capless twist-action fountain pen LAMY dialog, deserves special mention. Equipped with the same ingenious twist mechanism as the LAMY dialog, the new LAMY dialog cc is smaller and more delicate and offers numerous possibilities for use thanks to its handy size.“

DougC and I were talking about the Dialog.  He (and originally myself as well), couldn't see a seam that indicated the point around which the twist mechanism would rotate, and thus, we were wondering how the nib would be extended.  But it seems we found the seam now. Apologies to everyone else who spotted this right off the bat. 

#53 Paul-in-SF

Paul-in-SF

Slightly Dusty

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 21:16

If it's the same twist mechanism, does that mean it won't be any better at keeping the nib from drying out than the Dialog 3? Because I have one of those, and it doesn't do awfully well in that department. I admit, though, that a slimmer design might feel a little better. 

#54 Glenn-SC

Glenn-SC

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 23:39

Too high brow concept for me, i just see purdy pokey stick that writes :P

Why the negativity and insults?

Anything above a No.2 Pencil or a BiC Stic is just pluffery anyway.  

Anything one pays above the price of those two is personal choice.

#55 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 00:18

Why the negativity and insults?

Anything above a No.2 Pencil or a BiC Stic is just pluffery anyway.  

Anything one pays above the price of those two is personal choice.

Sorry for not being clear, but that was not an insult to the pen which I like but rather the marketing of it.

If the same ad had a No. 2 Pencil or BiC Stic in place of the dialog cc, the sentence would be unchanged.

#56 mikerph

mikerph

MikeRph

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2020 - 16:09

So basically a fountain pen version of the pico. Wish they had some type of clip for both of them.

Secundum Artem

#57 toymachine

toymachine

Mint

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 00:42

No idea on the weight yet? Can't find that video either!

Sponsored Content

|