The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Something New! Community Ink Reviews: Waterman Serenity Blue

community ink review waterman blue serenity ink

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:17

Thanks, Smug. It's getting there. :D

No worries. You just need to copy the (for example) [IMG]http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1580377964__20200108_132053.jpg[/IMG] bit into the text of your post now, to embed the inline image. :)

Edited by A Smug Dill, 30 January 2020 - 10:18.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

Sponsored Content

#22 corniche

corniche

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2020 - 23:39

Thanks Smug,

Got it fixed - thanks for your help. :thumbup:

FWIW, I took that pic for a pen review I've been thinking about doing for the Cross Bailey Light.

Sean :)
https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

#23 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:27

Hi 5 Cavaliers,

I'll try. I've tried posting images on here before, but they were all rejected for being too big; maybe now that I'm a supporter and have a larger photo gallery available to me, I'll have better luck. We'll see.

When I was on here before, I used to use Photobucket, but they charge now.

You want to see the Quink, or a comparison?

Hi Corniche - 

It looks like you have solved your image posting issues.  Hooray!  

Yes, I would love to see a comparison of Quink and Waterman Serenity Blue.  I imagine others would as well.  Thank you for offering.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#24 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:28

Test Pic:

fpn_1580426623__20200108_132053.jpg

FWIW, The pens, L-R:

Pelikan m200 LE; Pelikan 600; Parker Duofold Centennial; Platinum 3776 Century; Cross Bailey Light, (fp & rb); Conklin Duragraph LE; Lamy Safari; Pilot VP & MB 145.

What a collection of lovelies!  Thank you for sharing them.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#25 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:30

I don't think whether someone is or isn't a paid-up "supporter" is the issue there.

I suggest you try this: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/blog/2/entry-22-the-images-upload-tab-what-is-it-how-to-use-it/

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.  It took me sometime to figure out how to upload my photos.  One of the things I love of FPN is that people are willing to help others in a whole myriad of ways.  Thanks again!  

#26 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 2,598 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:22

I agree with corniche about everybody having a bottle of Waterman (Florida Blue) Serenity Blue. When my Visconti Homo Sapiens was not writing well after filling it with J Herbin Cafe des Iles, I cleaned and filled it with the Waterman (Florida Blue). Better writing. Relief. My brother let me know that this ink was the one to use in a problematic pen. If it wrote, pen is OK.

I did not know it had a red sheen until someone mentioned it at pen club.
Posted Image

#27 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 18:08

I agree with corniche about everybody having a bottle of Waterman (Florida Blue) Serenity Blue. When my Visconti Homo Sapiens was not writing well after filling it with J Herbin Cafe des Iles, I cleaned and filled it with the Waterman (Florida Blue). Better writing. Relief. My brother let me know that this ink was the one to use in a problematic pen. If it wrote, pen is OK.

I did not know it had a red sheen until someone mentioned it at pen club.

Thank you for posting your comments.  This helps everyone.  Would you be able to post a written sample for us? 

#28 corniche

corniche

Antique

• 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 22:08

What a collection of lovelies!  Thank you for sharing them.  

Hi 5 Cavaliers,

Thank you for all the compliments. I'm hoping to get a writing sample together for you guys this weekend.

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

#29 corniche

corniche

Antique

• 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 00:12

Hi Everyone,

It's upside down - don't know why, but no matter:

fpn_1580601946__20200201_185821.jpg

Hope this helps someone.

#30 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:13

Thank you for posting your comments.  This helps everyone.  Would you be able to post a written sample for us?

The HS has a different ink in it now. I could take a photo of how it wrote when I used it to make a pen and ink notation in a notebook.

This is upside down (I tried twice) but here is the photo
fpn_1580614912__22577041-d2ff-4e64-8b5d-

Does anyone know how to delete photos from the Upload section?

Edited by Misfit, 02 February 2020 - 03:53.

Posted Image

#31 bizhe

bizhe

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:53

+1 for this idea. Maybe put "community review" in the title and post under ink reviews? Mods?

#32 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 4,821 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 03:45

@bizhe

It's not an ink review, though, and certainly does not fit with the stated purpose of what posts in the Ink Reviews section of the forum is about.

Just like Tom Kellie, I'd have thought this fits in the Co-Razy-Views section, but since the O.P. expressed a belief that it's not quite the same thing and elected knowingly to put it in Inky Thoughts, I'd imagine it's up to moderators to decide which of those two sections this really belongs.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#33 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 03:59

I’m having some unusual issues with trying to edit my above post. I wanted to replace the photo by deleting the link, and putting in the new one. A screen I’ve never seen opened up. Here is, I hope, a photo that is right side up. In good light, I saw red sheen on the printed letters.

fpn_1580615506__d9df994b-c572-4483-8655-
Posted Image

#34 corniche

corniche

Antique

• 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:03

The HS has a different ink in it now. I could take a photo of how it wrote when I used it to make a pen and ink notation in a notebook.

This is upside down (I tried twice) but here is the photo
fpn_1580614912__22577041-d2ff-4e64-8b5d-

Does anyone know how to delete photos from the Upload section?

I'm just glad I'm not the only one. :)

#35 corniche

corniche

Antique

• 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:05

Im having some unusual issues with trying to edit my above post. I wanted to replace the photo by deleting the link, and putting in the new one. A screen Ive never seen opened up. Here is, I hope, a photo that is right side up. In good light, I saw red sheen on the printed letters.

fpn_1580615506__d9df994b-c572-4483-8655-

How did you manage this, Misfit?

#36 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:17

I figured out how I held my phone to get it upside down, then oriented the phone the opposite way. You have to hold it sideways, or where it is widest (in photo speak Landscape). When I take photos holding the phone in what would be Portrait mode, my photos post here on their sides.

Now I have 5 or 6 photos in the upload area of this same image. Sigh.
Posted Image

#37 corniche

corniche

Antique

• 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:22

I figured out how I held my phone to get it upside down, then oriented the phone the opposite way. You have to hold it sideways, or where it is widest (in photo speak Landscape). When I take photos holding the phone in what would be Portrait mode, my photos post here on their sides.

Okay, thanks; I think I got it.

#38 Misfit

Misfit

• Member - Gold

• 2,598 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:34

I think when I held the iPhone right to get the photo, the button to touch to take the photo was to the right.
Posted Image

#39 corniche

corniche

Antique

• 2,751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:58

I think when I held the iPhone right to get the photo, the button to touch to take the photo was to the right.

Okay, great! That cinches it; I had the button on the left. Thanks. 👍

#40 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:19

@bizhe

It's not an ink review, though, and certainly does not fit with the stated purpose of what posts in the Ink Reviews section of the forum is about.

Just like Tom Kellie, I'd have thought this fits in the Co-Razy-Views section, but since the O.P. expressed a belief that it's not quite the same thing and elected knowingly to put it in Inky Thoughts, I'd imagine it's up to moderators to decide which of those two sections this really belongs.

Dear bizhe, A Smug Dill and Tom Kellie - 

I really appreciate your comments.  I was just trying an experiment.  It isn't an Ink Review, perhaps not even a Co-Razy-View, so where does it go?

I really welcome your comments.  My hope is that anyone could post a Community Review and that everyone would feel comfortable to add their comments - preferably hand-written comments using the ink in question.  

I will ask the one of the moderator extraordinaires to look at this and put it where they feel it should belong. 

Edited by 5Cavaliers, 02 February 2020 - 05:32.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: community ink review, waterman, blue serenity, ink

Sponsored Content

|