The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Lost Opportunity? Five Years Too Late.

fantasy set colorverse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:12

This is more an example of the strange things my mind comes up with late at night... I don't expect the thread to live very long.

I'm pretty sure most of us are familiar with how Colorverse creates series with six boxed sets, each set having a large "snail" and a small "snail" of ink, often different colors or if the same color the smaller one may be a glitter ink.

My mind came up with a Hasbro licensed series: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- The Mane 6

{You can understand why I say "five years too late" as the series finale was last fall, and that was season 9, so going back 5 years would put one into season 4, middle of the run}

I see the large snail as being the primary character color (with one exception) and the small bottle being the eye color

{character | large | small -- generic colors, I'm not going to try to pick out existing inks for formal names}

• Applejack | muted Orange | Green
  • Pinkie Pie | Pink | Cyan
  • Fluttershy | muted Yellow (avoid highlighter shade) | Cyan-Green
  • Rainbow Dash | bluish Cyan | Magenta
  • Rarity | Violet (I don't think a nano-particle titanium white pigment ink would fly, so this is the mane color) | Blue
  • Twilight Sparkle | floral Lavender | deep Lavender (maybe with glitter)

My first nightmare thoughts had been for body color / mane color -- but Applejack's straw yellow would be practically unseeable, we'd have had two shades of pink for Pinkie, along with a third pink for Fluttershy, two shades of violet for Rarity (maybe glitter for the mane highlight shade), and since we don't have inks that separate into a spectrum Rainbow Dash would likely require a pale yellow-green with a rainbow of glitter particles, Twilight would get the magenta skunk stripe.

Probably wouldn't have been a high seller -- the show's target demographic is likely still using crayons. :lol:

Sponsored Content

#2 LizEF

LizEF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 04:58

Twilight Sparkle | floral Lavender | deep Lavender (maybe with glitter)

This is the biggest problem with your plan.  I would be required (by a brony friend) to purchase this ink for myself, but I don't like the idea of a pale purple (aka lavender) ink as the big bottle.  I want the darker purple to be the big bottle.  If the little one must have glitter, I'll tolerate it, just not the big one. :P

#3 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 January 2020 - 05:13

Probably wouldn't have been a high seller -- the show's target demographic is likely still using crayons. :lol:

Do not underestimate the presence of Bronies in any society...! :P

Why just 6, there's a whole stable to go...

Celestia - glow in the dark nanopigment white with rainbow shimmer

Luna iron gall BlueBlack

heck why just FiM?

Go for Harry Potter characterisations, plus they all use quills too!

#4 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:51

This thread makes me laugh; I’ve always called any ink with shimmer “My Little Pony” inks. They remind me of the writing in glitter pen-filled, kawaii-style fluffy-covered notebooks that are all over Instagram. Shimmer inks seem (to me) to be perfect for that demographic ;-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fantasy, set, colorverse

Sponsored Content

|