Top Posters In This Topic

• modernovervintage

• Driften

• sail1942

• sebastel23

Top Posters In This Topic

What are some of them?

Pen Brands One Can Buy Directly From?

Yo..Contact the brand-name{s} you're interested in.....Let your fingers do the walking.....

They'll let youse know..so youse can purchase.........................

Fred..

What's the difference between a frog and a trombone player walkin' down the street?

The frog's on his way to a gig........................................................

Franklin-Christoph is one, or at least was, about 4-5 years ago. I bought two pens directly from the manufacturer.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Conid

Wancher

Montblanc

FPR

Ranga

Franklin-Christoph

Yard O Led

Pilot

Edison

Sheaffer

And more

Edited by WLSpec

Caran d'Ache, Mr Pen, Parker & Waterman, Cross & Shaeffer, Platinum/Nakaya, Pilot/Namiki, Sailor, S T Dupont, Visconti to name a few more.

Edited by sandy101

Add Karas and Tactile Turn to the list.

The real question is who were you wanting to buy direct from and why? For example you can buy direct from Pilot USA but why when you can buy from authorized dealers which can be cheeper and provide better service. Normally manufacturers will cost the most as to not compete with their dealer network. Large companies are not really setup to handle small orders which is why they have distributors and dealers in the first place.

Small companies like Edison or Franklin-Christoph are better able to handle direct orders. Franklin-Christoph has the best service and support of any company I've ever bought from. A company like Pilot USA won't even answer questions via email. A Pilot dealer would give you much better service.

Maybe if you provide more information of what you are trying to do and what country in are in people can help better. Some companies will only sell to people in their own country and expect you to buy from a dealer in other places.

Edison is interesting in that you cannot order their production pens directly from them. This is so they do not compete with their very restricted dealer network. What you can order from Edison are custom pens (bespoke) which are different models from what their dealers sell and are exclsively from Edison directly. The price point on these pens is higher, but you chose the materials used, the colors, the nib, the filling mechanism, etc. the result is you will receive a pen made,for you and only you. The only other manufacturer who offers anything like this Montblanc, which charges much much more for this kind of service.

Edited by Parker51

Caran d'Ache, Mr Pen, Parker & Waterman, Cross & Shaeffer, Platinum/Nakaya, Pilot/Namiki, Sailor, S T Dupont, Visconti to name a few more.

I didn't know waterman is possible to buy direct. For visconti is it possible to request for a pen without their brand name on the clip and nib?

Hi driften, i am thinking of getting an aurora pen directly from aurora with request of a regular nib with fine flex nib imprint or no imprint at all. I am in singapore.

Hi driften, i am thinking of getting an aurora pen directly from aurora with request of a regular nib with fine flex nib imprint or no imprint at all. I am in singapore.

I don't think you are going to get very far with Aurora with special requests that way. They are known for not being very responsive on warranty issues when handled directly. Finding some a good dealer might be a better idea and see if they can make arrangements for what you want.

Hi modernovervintage, have you tried the "mamashop" FH at Bras Basah complex ? They'll encourage you to try a product out before committing and tune it for you to your liking in addition to covering any problems that you might encounter with a product that you've bought from them. If it's a special order for a factory flex nib, Danny might be able to help you out. I've always been given a discount off list even without asking. No affiliations with them, just a happy returning customer.