The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Manyo Inks - 5 Samplings

sailor manyo ink haha nekoyanagi sumire yonagi akebi

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:48

I hadn’t heard of these inks before, and they look simply lovely. Thank you so much for this comparison! I haven’t explored Sailor inks yet, but they certainly deserve a closer look. I’ve read lots of positive things about them on FPN. Might be a good brand to explore in 2020.

~ namrehsnoom:

Like you, I hadn't heard of these inks.

This thread is a helpful introduction.

I agree with you that they're worthy of consideration in 2020.

Tom K.

Sponsored Content

#22 TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 20:30

Wonderful hues! Sumire seems to be very similar to Souten. Which would be nice, since I’ve never found an ink quite like Souten.

#23 Willtato

Willtato

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2020 - 20:37

Thought I'd just post this here, as it might be useful.  

I'm personally considering the Haha and Nekoyanagi as very similar as the types of colours are very similar.  I've asked a few people at my uni which of the three they prefer the most (in this photo), and the general consensus is that the Nekoyanagi looks the nicest (by a long way).  The Neko is more useable as a colour, but the balance of the different colours in the Haha make it more magical for me personally.

The Studio 123 is a completely different beast.  Probably also the most usable and manageable.  I also find it easier to create ink pools with the Haha and 123 than the Nekoyanagi.  I'm convinced that the 123 flows the best in my Sailor however.

Edit: Photo size was too large (rookie mistake)

Attached Images

• Manyo 123.jpg

Edited by Willtato, 14 March 2020 - 20:41.

#24 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2020 - 21:34

Thought I'd just post this here, as it might be useful.  

I'm personally considering the Haha and Nekoyanagi as very similar as the types of colours are very similar.  I've asked a few people at my uni which of the three they prefer the most (in this photo), and the general consensus is that the Nekoyanagi looks the nicest (by a long way).  The Neko is more useable as a colour, but the balance of the different colours in the Haha make it more magical for me personally.

The Studio 123 is a completely different beast.  Probably also the most usable and manageable.  I also find it easier to create ink pools with the Haha and 123 than the Nekoyanagi.  I'm convinced that the 123 flows the best in my Sailor however.

Edit: Photo size was too large (rookie mistake)

Thanks for showing your writing sample.  I am surprised that Studio 123 is that dark.  I haven't tried it yet because the samples I had seen seemed much lighter - about the same as HaHa.  I may just have try it now.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, manyo, ink, haha, nekoyanagi, sumire, yonagi, akebi

Sponsored Content

|