The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How To Darken Parker Quink Blue Black With Solv-X?

quink solv-x

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Noihvo

Noihvo

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:48

Hi Eharriett,

I completely agree. I've always believed ink should come in amber or cobalt glass, but I don't think anyone sells it that way. Naturally, they want to show off the colors, but tinted glass would be better for the ink.

Thank you; it's a J3a Hudson specially designed by Henry Dreyfuss, (the Wahl Eversharp Skyline designer - the train came first in 1938); for the New York Central's 20th Century Limited.

Sean :)

fpn_1581752902__img_5708.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Are you looking for a custom bound book? Check out my Etsy page.

Sponsored Content

#22 corniche

corniche

The situation is hopeless, but not serious.

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,467 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:43

fpn_1581752902__img_5708.jpg

Hi Noihvo,

:headsmack:

Quite right... and I have 4 R&K inks! They slipped my mind - and I haven't tried KWZ yet.

Yes, it is just a few cents - and well worth it, IMHO. IIRC, amber glass added 8 cents per bottle back when I was bottling my inks; for a large operation like Herbin, Quink, etc., the cost would be truly negligible.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

CatholicsComeHome

#23 gary

gary

Kalamazoo direct to you

• Member - Gold

• 2,252 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:12

For a time Parker sold Quink in opaque plastic bottles which are also great for traveling.

#24 corniche

corniche

• 2,467 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:20

For a time Parker sold Quink in opaque plastic bottles which are also great for traveling.

Hi Gary,

Hhhmmmmm... that is intriguing; do you have any recollection when they did that? :unsure:

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

CatholicsComeHome

#25 gary

gary

Kalamazoo direct to you

• Member - Gold

• 2,252 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:30

My memory is using those bottles in the mid-70's with my Parker 45.
I found a couple bottles online(eBay?) with Super Quink Permanent Blue ink with Solv-X, instead of the blue black which was my favorite. Bottle says made in England, packaged in the US.

#26 corniche

corniche

• 2,467 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:35

My memory is using those bottles in the mid-70's with my Parker 45.
I found a couple bottles online(eBay?) with Super Quink Permanent Blue ink with Solv-X, instead of the blue black which was my favorite. Bottle says made in England, packaged in the US.

Very interesting, indeed. Thanks for the info, Gary. 👍 Tally-ho and pip-pip! I'll have to go on the hunt! :D

CatholicsComeHome

#27 GreenMountain

GreenMountain

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 00:24

3:2 BB with Solv=x to Permanent Blue.  Hmph.  Still too blue.  Now, where is that pack of Parker Black cartridges?

Sol-x and blue - compressed.JPG

Edited by GreenMountain, 17 February 2020 - 00:29.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quink, solv-x

Sponsored Content

|