The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Hero 232 Iron Gall Blue Black

hero irongall

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:21

Hero's Iron Gall ink has quite a reputation here so I thought I would give it a shot.

It turns out that it is no longer on Amazon or ebay, but I did manage to find it on a site called ebuy7. I was a little reluctant to place an order, but the checkout was (seemingly) legitimately handed off to Paypal so I didn't have to risk my credit card details and if the ink never arrives I am confident I will be able to claw back the miniscule investment it cost for two bottles.

I'll update the thread if and when the bottles arrive.

If anyone has a more reliable, potentially reputable, source, please do share...

ebuy.png

# edit. I found them on aliexpress eventually, but they are a lot more expensive, don't deliver to my part of the world, and that website is such a royal pain in the asset, I refuse to patronise it. :)

Edited by silverlifter, 24 January 2020 - 05:06.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Sponsored Content

#2 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:43

Hero 232 is a wonderful iron gall blue-black ink. Glad you found a new source for it!

----------------

Knowledge is the only wealth that increases when shared.

#3 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:47

Hero 232 is a wonderful iron gall blue-black ink. Glad you found a new source for it!

Give it four to six weeks before it qualifies as a "new source"... :P

Here's hoping, though!

#4 Oldane

Oldane

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:01

After the discontinuation of the original MB BB, Hero 232 has been my daily goto ink for work. Behaves well, flows well (better than the old MB BB). A bargain at that price.

#5 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:53

I placed my order for (four bottles of) the ink, along with eight bottles of Hero #234, last week on AliExpress from one particular seller. (That, and ten bottles of Hero #202 from another seller on AliExpress, which I'm inclined to expect the order will never be shipped and eventually refunded.) The Hero #232 ink is more expensive than the other two, but at a per-bottle price less than US$3.50 (before tax and shipping), I thought I'd give that a shot.

Understandably, the order has not yet shipped, but given the seller isn't just charging peanuts for shipping bottled inks, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it'll happen ... eventually.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#6 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2020 - 22:10

So, it arrived yesterday. Actual transit time was onyl 17 days, which is not too bad for down here.

Packaging was more than adequate and both bottles arrived intact, with the boxes undamaged.

First impressions are that it goes on darker than KWZ IG Blue #3, but dries to the same colour. Similarly wet, for an iron gall.

Edited by silverlifter, 19 March 2020 - 22:11.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hero, irongall

Sponsored Content

|