The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Hero 232 Iron Gall Blue Black

hero irongall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:21

Hero's Iron Gall ink has quite a reputation here so I thought I would give it a shot.

It turns out that it is no longer on Amazon or ebay, but I did manage to find it on a site called ebuy7. I was a little reluctant to place an order, but the checkout was (seemingly) legitimately handed off to Paypal so I didn't have to risk my credit card details and if the ink never arrives I am confident I will be able to claw back the miniscule investment it cost for two bottles.

I'll update the thread if and when the bottles arrive.

If anyone has a more reliable, potentially reputable, source, please do share...

ebuy.png

# edit. I found them on aliexpress eventually, but they are a lot more expensive, don't deliver to my part of the world, and that website is such a royal pain in the asset, I refuse to patronise it. :)

Edited by silverlifter, 24 January 2020 - 05:06.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

Sponsored Content

#2 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:43

Hero 232 is a wonderful iron gall blue-black ink. Glad you found a new source for it!

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#3 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:47

Hero 232 is a wonderful iron gall blue-black ink. Glad you found a new source for it!

Give it four to six weeks before it qualifies as a "new source"... :P

Here's hoping, though!

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

#4 Oldane

Oldane

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 12:01

After the discontinuation of the original MB BB, Hero 232 has been my daily goto ink for work. Behaves well, flows well (better than the old MB BB). A bargain at that price.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hero, irongall

Sponsored Content

|