Lamy Blue Black

bokaba

Lamy Blue Black (Parker Vector F on Rhodia Dot Pad)

post-134418-0-95836300-1579826590_thumb.jpg

Drying time: fast, lest than 5 seconds

Flow: moderate to dry

Shading: very little

Lubricated: no

Water Proof: no

Saturation: low

Value: decent, around $12-$15 for 50ml

Bottle: excellent with nib depression in center for filling

Color: muted gray blue, similar to Salix and Platinum BB, but less saturated and intense

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bokaba

• lapis

• Bill P

• DonM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Presumably a very recent charge of today's non-IG variety? My specimens of Lamy's non-IG (when it came out in December 2012) and the IG before that are both much less grey. Maybe a new version also because the drying times for mine are 15-20 s (for the newbie) and 55-60 s (for the oldie).

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I'm not sure that photo is representative of the ink color. I say that because the dots on the Rhodia paper seem to be much lighter than normal.

The pen might be a little on the dry side. The scribble is closer to what I perceive the color to be. I think is perhaps a bit bluer than it appears here, but still not very blue. This was from a Lamy BB cartridge.

I'm still plodding along with one of the three bottles I bought, of the 'old' IG version before the formulation was changed. Think I'll stick to the 4001 Blue-Black thugh!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• 7 months later...

For the #50shadesofbluechallenge (link to the hashtag on Instagram), a challenge over at the German PenExchange forum for July & August 2020, I inked up all my pens with all the 50+ blue inks I have. The snapshots might also be of interest to some here.

fpn_1598804967__2020_08_07_50sob_lamy_bl

Lamy Blue Black is one of my favourite blue blacks. It is vivid and beautiful shades and behaves well.

fpn_1598805009__2020_08_07_50sob_lamy_bl

I had it in a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA.

fpn_1598805174__2020_08_07_09_19_50sob_b

Since I had two other blue blacks (Montblanc JFK and Sailor Sou-Boku) in my other two CH 912 FA, I post the comparison here also.

fpn_1598805199__2020_08_07_09_19_50sob_b

As you can see, Lamy BB is leaning towards grey, Montblanc JFK has a more blueish tint and Sailor Sou-Boku is the greenest of the three.