The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Conid, Eh?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 GOTO10

GOTO10

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2020 - 02:39

My Conid was actually purchased without a nib. Back when I pulled the trigger I thought there might be a backorder on bock 380 nibs causing the delay in shipments.

I quite enjoy Bock nibs and have several of the #6 Ti nibs as well as an EF Gold swapped to my ASC Medio replacing the stock M. A few months ago I also purchased a Bock 380 Gold BB from FPnibs and had it stubbed/sandblasted and ruthenium plated and it's living in a Ranga model 5.

Sponsored Content

#62 markofp

markofp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:32

Well, I just took a look at their website, and now "May 1st" has been changed to "until further notice". 

So this is going to go on a while longer . . .  :(

#63 maclink

maclink

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:51

To provide an update to some of my previous posts in this thread, I received my Conid Kingsize yesterday. I immediately threw a Sailor KoP nib in it and am amazingly happy with everything about it.

Defiantly worth the wait and I'm looking forward to future purchases from Conid when they re-open to orders.

I certainly agree with you on it being worth the wait.  Your pen looks great and congrats.  How do you get the Sailor nib to fit?  Does the nib/feed system of the sailor fit the Conid?

#64 maclink

maclink

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2020 - 12:55

I guess I have to ask: it seems a lot of folks swap the nib on these from the Bock to something else. I'm a little curious about it. Are the Bock nibs any good at all? I was thinking about ordering one with the titanium nib, partly for the aesthetics of the pen. But all this talk in this and other threads of nib swapping  . . .  

My two Conids have Titanium nibs that I'm both very happy with.  I do have Sailor nibs and don't find them any better to be truthful.  The latest Titanium on my minimalistica is dynamite.  Love it!  Perhaps my favourite, though more likely a tie with the gold nib on my Franklin-Christoph M19, a medium-stub custom grind. 

#65 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 13:48

Well, I just took a look at their website, and now "May 1st" has been changed to "until further notice". 

So this is going to go on a while longer . . .  :(

Auguary or maybe Septober.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#66 Linger

Linger

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2020 - 14:10

Of the year 202x

#67 GOTO10

GOTO10

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2020 - 23:44

I certainly agree with you on it being worth the wait.  Your pen looks great and congrats.  How do you get the Sailor nib to fit?  Does the nib/feed system of the sailor fit the Conid?

Flexible Nib Factory makes a housing that fits the KoP nib/feed.

https://flexiblenib....feed-in-bock-8/

It's great stuff, most sailor pens don't fit well in my hand but I love the nibs. I've got two Edison Colliers that are home to a few of my favorites.

#68 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2020 - 23:24

When I ordered my first Conid pen, a Minimalistica Monarch, I ordered 3 nibs, one each in steel, titanium and gold. I had all ground to 0.8mm cursive italic. Since then, I bought a Standard and, in August, 2019, ordered another "regular" Minimalistica. The Minimalistic arrived this week.

I have had the gold nib installed in my Monarch and the steel nib in my Regular. The titanium nib just never did it for me. I think it is too  springy to work well with my italic handwriting. So, after trying the titanium nib for a day or so in my newer Minimalistica, I swapped in a #6 stock steel 1.1mm Bock italic nib and much prefer how it writes.

Here are a few photos, including one comparing my two Minimalisticas:

Conid Minimalistica - compare.jpg

Conid Minimalistica open.jpg

Conid Minimalistica nib.jpg

David

#69 markofp

markofp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2020 - 23:38

Nice looking pens, I hope to order one!  If I may ask, what purpose does that hole in the end cap serve?

#70 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2020 - 23:42

Nice looking pens, I hope to order one!  If I may ask, what purpose does that hole in the end cap serve?

In the depths of that hole, one can see the head of a hexagonal screw. I would surmise that's how the piston turner attaches to the piston rod.

David

#71 silverlifter

silverlifter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 May 2020 - 23:50

In the depths of that hole, one can see the head of a hexagonal screw. I would surmise that's how the piston turner attaches to the piston rod.

David

Yes. If you have the tools, you can dissassemble it for a full breakdown.

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

#72 bxrgrl

bxrgrl

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 21:39

To provide an update to some of my previous posts in this thread, I received my Conid Kingsize yesterday. I immediately threw a Sailor KoP nib in it and am amazingly happy with everything about it.

Defiantly worth the wait and I'm looking forward to future purchases from Conid when they re-open to orders.

Everyone is trying to figure out where they are in the queue, so I have to ask: When did you order yours?

#73 GOTO10

GOTO10

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 22:32

Everyone is trying to figure out where they are in the queue, so I have to ask: When did you order yours?

My order was placed July 30, 2019. I don't know if not ordering a nib with the pen changed when I received my order.

Sponsored Content

|