The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Manyo Nekoyanagi

sailor manyo nekoyanagi purple ink shading

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:20

I have tried the Sumire and Yonagi yet.  

~ 5Cavaliers:

Whenever you're in a position to comment on both Sumire and Yonagi, that would be of considerable interest.

I'm glad that the inks have reached you.

Tom K.

Sponsored Content

#22 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2020 - 21:07

~ 5Cavaliers:

Whenever you're in a position to comment on both Sumire and Yonagi, that would be of considerable interest.

I'm glad that the inks have reached you.

Tom K.

Hi Tom K - 

I did a "sampling" here of the five Sailor Manyo inks that I acquired.  

http://www.fountainp...ks-5-samplings/

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#23 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:54

Hi Tom K - 

I did a "sampling" here of the five Sailor Manyo inks that I acquired.  

http://www.fountainp...ks-5-samplings/

~ 5Cavaliers:

Thank you! I've read your comparison review.

I'd failed to make the connection between the sampling and this post.

Here where I work, circumstances have shut down all stationers, including the finest one, which offers Sailor inks.

Only Montblanc boutiques remain open, albeit with next to no customers.

Tom K.

#24 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:02

~ 5Cavaliers:

Thank you! I've read your comparison review.

I'd failed to make the connection between the sampling and this post.

Here where I work, circumstances have shut down all stationers, including the finest one, which offers Sailor inks.

Only Montblanc boutiques remain open, albeit with next to no customers.

Tom K.

I am so sorry that everything is closed up.  My daughter tells me that everything is pretty much closed and most people are taking deliveries for their needs.  It seems that the self imposed quarantine may be the most effective thing people can do.  I pray that the epidemic is short-lived and you can get back to your normal routine.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#25 AidenMark

AidenMark

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:51

Are these new ink colours or a repackaging of existing inks?

Nekoyanagi looks very like Fuji-musume and Sumire looks like Nioi-sumire, both from the Jentel line.

Less is More   - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

#26 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Hoarder of ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 10:12

Nekoyanagi looks very like Fuji-musume and Sumire looks like Nioi-sumire, both from the Jentel line.

These are a new line of colours and are not replacing anything.

#27 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 17:50

I do not have Fuji-musume so I can not comment.  But Sumire is not like Nioi-sumire.  Nioi-sumire has more purple overtones, while Sumire is more of a neutral blue.  

I believe this is a separate line, meant to mimic the color of flowers in an ancient Japanese poem.  

Edited by 5Cavaliers, 08 February 2020 - 17:51.

#28 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,260 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 23:27

What a really lovely ink. I finally decided to purchase it and I'm very happy I did. It's really unusual. Thanks for the review and for answering questions.

#29 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:36

What a really lovely ink. I finally decided to purchase it and I'm very happy I did. It's really unusual. Thanks for the review and for answering questions.

You are very welcome!  I hope you enjoy the ink.  

#30 Willtato

Willtato

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 20:07

This is such a beautiful ink.  I was somwehat disappointed by the Iroshizuku Jurojin - maybe it was that I thought there was a hint too much blue?  Maybe I thought it was a bit too vivid?  I really hope this ink will work for me, as it's warmer and lighter.  The shading seems much more apparent in this ink i think.  I tried to order this ink but wasn't quick enough to get the first batch to the UK :( (but at least more are coming).  I do believe I'm starting to like lighter colours more...

Thanks for the post.  If you ask me about the paper, I'd personally say that I love the combination with this nekoyanagi and the cream tomoe river paper (at least more than the white).  I wish the hobonichi diaries were in cream paper...

#31 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 22:25

This is such a beautiful ink.  I was somwehat disappointed by the Iroshizuku Jurojin - maybe it was that I thought there was a hint too much blue?  Maybe I thought it was a bit too vivid?  I really hope this ink will work for me, as it's warmer and lighter.  The shading seems much more apparent in this ink i think.  I tried to order this ink but wasn't quick enough to get the first batch to the UK :( (but at least more are coming).  I do believe I'm starting to like lighter colours more...

Thanks for the post.  If you ask me about the paper, I'd personally say that I love the combination with this nekoyanagi and the cream tomoe river paper (at least more than the white).  I wish the hobonichi diaries were in cream paper...

Thank you for your kind comments.  I have to say, all of the Sailor Manyo inks are very nice, but my favorites are Nekoyanagi and Haha because of their multi-chromatic shading.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, manyo, nekoyanagi, purple, ink, shading

Sponsored Content

|