Sailor Manyo Nekoyanagi

DrDebG

I have tried the Sumire and Yonagi yet.

~ 5Cavaliers:

Whenever you're in a position to comment on both Sumire and Yonagi, that would be of considerable interest.

I'm glad that the inks have reached you.

Tom K.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrDebG

• Tom Kellie

• Uncial

• ENewton

~ 5Cavaliers:

Whenever you're in a position to comment on both Sumire and Yonagi, that would be of considerable interest.

I'm glad that the inks have reached you.

Tom K.

Hi Tom K -

I did a "sampling" here of the five Sailor Manyo inks that I acquired.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/351776-sailor-manyo-inks-5-samplings/

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Hi Tom K -

I did a "sampling" here of the five Sailor Manyo inks that I acquired.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/351776-sailor-manyo-inks-5-samplings/

~ 5Cavaliers:

Thank you! I've read your comparison review.

I'd failed to make the connection between the sampling and this post.

Here where I work, circumstances have shut down all stationers, including the finest one, which offers Sailor inks.

Only Montblanc boutiques remain open, albeit with next to no customers.

Tom K.

~ 5Cavaliers:

Thank you! I've read your comparison review.

I'd failed to make the connection between the sampling and this post.

Here where I work, circumstances have shut down all stationers, including the finest one, which offers Sailor inks.

Only Montblanc boutiques remain open, albeit with next to no customers.

Tom K.

I am so sorry that everything is closed up. My daughter tells me that everything is pretty much closed and most people are taking deliveries for their needs. It seems that the self imposed quarantine may be the most effective thing people can do. I pray that the epidemic is short-lived and you can get back to your normal routine.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Are these new ink colours or a repackaging of existing inks?

Nekoyanagi looks very like Fuji-musume and Sumire looks like Nioi-sumire, both from the Jentel line.

Less is More - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

Nekoyanagi looks very like Fuji-musume and Sumire looks like Nioi-sumire, both from the Jentel line.

These are a new line of colours and are not replacing anything.

I do not have Fuji-musume so I can not comment. But Sumire is not like Nioi-sumire. Nioi-sumire has more purple overtones, while Sumire is more of a neutral blue.

I believe this is a separate line, meant to mimic the color of flowers in an ancient Japanese poem.

Edited by 5Cavaliers

What a really lovely ink. I finally decided to purchase it and I'm very happy I did. It's really unusual. Thanks for the review and for answering questions.

What a really lovely ink. I finally decided to purchase it and I'm very happy I did. It's really unusual. Thanks for the review and for answering questions.

You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy the ink.

This is such a beautiful ink. I was somwehat disappointed by the Iroshizuku Jurojin - maybe it was that I thought there was a hint too much blue? Maybe I thought it was a bit too vivid? I really hope this ink will work for me, as it's warmer and lighter. The shading seems much more apparent in this ink i think. I tried to order this ink but wasn't quick enough to get the first batch to the UK :( (but at least more are coming). I do believe I'm starting to like lighter colours more...

Thanks for the post. If you ask me about the paper, I'd personally say that I love the combination with this nekoyanagi and the cream tomoe river paper (at least more than the white). I wish the hobonichi diaries were in cream paper...

This is such a beautiful ink. I was somwehat disappointed by the Iroshizuku Jurojin - maybe it was that I thought there was a hint too much blue? Maybe I thought it was a bit too vivid? I really hope this ink will work for me, as it's warmer and lighter. The shading seems much more apparent in this ink i think. I tried to order this ink but wasn't quick enough to get the first batch to the UK :( (but at least more are coming). I do believe I'm starting to like lighter colours more...

Thanks for the post. If you ask me about the paper, I'd personally say that I love the combination with this nekoyanagi and the cream tomoe river paper (at least more than the white). I wish the hobonichi diaries were in cream paper...

Thank you for your kind comments. I have to say, all of the Sailor Manyo inks are very nice, but my favorites are Nekoyanagi and Haha because of their multi-chromatic shading.

• 1 year later...

I just received my five 5ml sample vials of this ink. Strangely the vendor didn't have a full bottle, but had sample vials for days...so...whatevs.
In my test flex pen the ink shades wonderfully and goes down dark, but that pen does put a substantial amount on the page. Will try it with another pen once I get some free time.
But LOVEing it so far!!

Eat The Rich_SIG.jpg

I received a bottle of this a couple of days ago. It shades beautifully on Tomoe River Paper and looks really interesting. I can’t wait to try it in one of my Pilot Parallels.