A Japanese Nib In A An Indian Pen

L.Velvet

Hello,

I have some indian fountain pens now and I love them. But I don't like the german nibs/ european nibs. I had bad experience with them.
Nothing wrong with their writing abilities but their F nibs aren't fine enough for me.

So I was thinking having an custom pen made, with an 3776 nib ? Is this possible ? Thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• L.Velvet

• Karmachanic

• hari317

• mohit agrawal

Thanks for the advice Mohit, I will checkout Kanwrite nibs.

What I will do, is buy a platinum 3776, take out the nib, and sell the body on ebay in order to recover few bucks... :D

Hello,

I have some indian fountain pens now and I love them. But I don't like the german nibs/ european nibs. I had bad experience with them.

Nothing wrong with their writing abilities but their F nibs aren't fine enough for me.

So I was thinking having an custom pen made, with an 3776 nib ? Is this possible ? Thanks.

Very much possible. Its a precision task. I did it in 2015 for another FPN member. Some pics.

Today, the flexible nib factory housing for 3776 is a v practical option.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Thank you Hari, I've seen it few years ago, and it is always to see it again :)

If you are going Eye Dropper, a 3773 housing from Flexible Nibs will fit a pen that takes a Jowo #6, as many Indian pens do.

Oh that's perfect ? So All I will have to do, is to order a pen with a Jowo #6 and buy this housing ?

It says it's compatible with Bock ? Are they interchangeable with Jowo ?

One last question, which indian penmaker use red, maybe dark red ebonite please ? Thanks

Thank you Hari, I've seen it few years ago, and it is always to see it again :)

Oh that's perfect ? So All I will have to do, is to order a pen with a Jowo #6 and buy this housing ?

It says it's compatible with Bock ? Are they interchangeable with Jowo ?

One last question, which indian penmaker use red, maybe dark red ebonite please ? Thanks

You just need to order a pen that is threaded for Jowo, or Bock, as per your preference, You don't necessarily need to buy a nib, as you'll be using the 3776. I have ordered pens sans nib from ASA and Ranga.

The housing comes in two iterations - Bock and Jowo.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Ranga manufactures its own ebonite and does have dark red that can be either polished or bakul (Matt)

There are various examples in the group buy threads.

The dark red is a sort of cherry colour.

This is my Ranga 9B with a sailor nib. You need to ask them to make the pen with either Bock or Jowo #6 housing and then buy a Sailor 21K to Jowo/bock compatibility housing from flexible nibs.com.

However, its hard to find a spare Japanese nib - I happened to have this nib and feed with me since the Po Gear which housed it, unfortunately, broke.

fpn_1579898623__dscf8855.jpg

I ordered the custom fountain pen ( basically it looks like a Yukari royale in red ebonite, I will send him the clip ) from Fosfor pen . Anyone has an idea how much time it can take ? :D :D He told me that there is no need to send the clip now, it could take a while :D :D

I think I may be getting a JoWo spec ranga sometime this year and getting a FNF 3776 housing.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I ordered the custom fountain pen ( basically it looks like a Yukari royale in red ebonite, I will send him the clip ) from Fosfor pen . Anyone has an idea how much time it can take ? :D :D He told me that there is no need to send the clip now, it could take a while :D :D

Go to: to see Order Status

19 weeks ago my order was 39.5 weeks. Now it's 33. For a couple of weeks it was at 31.5. Manoj is a one man operation. Sometimes stuff happens.

One does not render payment until he starts making it

I think I may be getting a JoWo spec ranga sometime this year and getting a FNF 3776 housing.

Have you tried matte Ebonite as yet?

Go to: to see Order Status

19 weeks ago my order was 39.5 weeks. Now it's 33. For a couple of weeks it was at 31.5. Manoj is a one man operation. Sometimes stuff happens.

One does not render payment until he starts making it

I didn't order through his website but e-mail. Will it be faster I order from Ranga ?