The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor King Eagle Release

sailor nagahara king eagle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 00:47

Will sailor ever release the specialty nibs in the KOP model in the future (specially the king eagle)? what are you thought?

Sponsored Content

#2 macaddicted

macaddicted

Collectors Item

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:29

IIRC the nibmeister who created that nib has retired.

#3 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:36

Last I read, there were no plans to release cross point or king Eagle in KOP. If they were to be redone the thinking is it would be for a very limited pen.

The new blue ebonite KOP has Naginata nibs again in all 3 tipping widths.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#4 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:47

what are you thought?

Unlikely.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#5 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:46

IIRC the nibmeister who created that nib has retired.

True but i heard there are 3 who will replace him 

#6 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:48

Last I read, there were no plans to release cross point or king Eagle in KOP. If they were to be redone the thinking is it would be for a very limited pen.

The new blue ebonite KOP has Naginata nibs again in all 3 tipping widths.

True, the special edition KOP that they released with a Naginata nib made me hopeful that they might introduce the king eagle again but by a limited number . I tried to contact sailor but did not get a definite answer of even introducing it on a special edition :(

#7 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:48

Unlikely.

i wish there was a way to know :(

#8 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 01:59

i wish there was a way to know :(

How much would you pay for that knowledge, even if the answer is "no"? (Just to be clear, I'm not offering it for sale, and I don't have it to sell.)

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#9 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:06

How much would you pay for that knowledge, even if the answer is "no"? (Just to be clear, I'm not offering it for sale, and I don't have it to sell.)

:P i wouldn't like a no for an answer, cuz its a grail pen/nib

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, nagahara, king eagle

Sponsored Content

|