The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Taperite Nibs

waterman taperite citation nib nibs replace restore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KiltedKrafts

KiltedKrafts

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 15:58

Hi all, first post here. I bought a taperite citation with the hooded nib that needs restoring, but the nib needs replacing. I have been scouring the web for months trying to find a replacement with no success. Having to guess at the nib description as all the engraving says is ‘made in england’ or some such. I have bought other taperites with the intention of nicking their nibs, but they are always in good condition and very saleable, so it would simply leave me with yet another pen needing a nib. Can anyone point me to a nib or provide an accurate description of the nib model so i can continue my search without going bald too quickly?

i apologies if i am in the forum, feel free to moderate me.

many desperate thanks in advance,

Dave C.

Sponsored Content

#2 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 17:55

Hi Dave and welcome to the Watermanholics Forum but the rules are no trading within it.

You also require 30 topical posts before placing an add in Classifieds.

That aside you could modify your post by removing or modifying Does anyone have a nib they wouldn’t mind selling me to Can anyone point me to a suitable nib etc etc.

As far as I am aware its not any easy nib or pen to disassemble.

#3 Addertooth

Addertooth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 13:44

Unless the iridium end is gone, or a tine is broken off... the option of repairing the nib is always a possibility.  

Why not post a picture of the offending nib (unhooded, fully exposed), and see what some of the pros here say.

I have seen some pretty pretzelled nibs restored by some of the people in this forum; their results verges on dark magic. I suspect sacrifice of a goat is involved.

#4 KiltedKrafts

KiltedKrafts

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 17:01

Unless the iridium end is gone, or a tine is broken off... the option of repairing the nib is always a possibility.  

Why not post a picture of the offending nib (unhooded, fully exposed), and see what some of the pros here say.

I have seen some pretty pretzelled nibs restored by some of the people in this forum; their results verges on dark magic. I suspect sacrifice of a goat is involved.

H, when i got it, it was perfectly straiht and as it should be but with the iridium end missing on one tine. So i had a go at grinding my own stub (as it was dead anyway) and it worked great, right up until i took it too far i did originally look into repairing it and it would cost  more than the pen would be worth.

#5 KiltedKrafts

KiltedKrafts

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 17:10

Hi Dave and welcome to the Watermanholics Forum but the rules are no trading within it.

You also require 30 topical posts before placing an add in Classifieds.

That aside you could modify your post by removing or modifying Does anyone have a nib they wouldn’t mind selling me to Can anyone point me to a suitable nib etc etc.

As far as I am aware its not any easy nib or pen to disassemble.

Hi, thanks for that, i was worried that it might cross a line but i didn’t know how to phrase it properly (constantly fighting my autistic social skills). The nibs do come out, but it is not a pleasant process i have taken a few out now, only killed one, so I’m learning thanks again, and I’ll edit my post as soon as i work out how.

#6 KiltedKrafts

KiltedKrafts

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2020 - 17:30

have just noticed that someone has edited my post for me, thank you! I have been trying to find out how to do it and couldn't.

thanks again, and if anyone can let me know the name/number of the nib i'm looking for that would be awesome.

Dave C

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman, taperite, citation, nib, nibs, replace, restore

Sponsored Content

|