The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Atlanta Pen Show

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 22:18

Some of you might remember my husband Bryan and his fountain pen storage boxes from the Chicago pen show a couple of years ago and Scriptus in Toronto every year.  He's thinking of getting a table at the Atlanta show this year.  In Chicago, he had a table for 3 days, exhibiting only on Saturday and Sunday and found that his busiest day was Sunday when more ''casual'' pen people attended. Will anyone please tell me, are we likely to see the same pattern at Atlanta, will there be a large number of exhibitors and what's the split between modern and vintage.

Thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 23:14

Not to disway your husband from attending the Atlanta Show, but I am curios as to the reasons behind his considering attending it. While I don't love in Ontario, I do live directly south and I have been trying to determine which shows I may attend this year in addition to the Ohio (Columbus) and Michigan (Detroit) shows. I am seriously considering Chicago, St. Louis, North Carolina (Raleigh), Northern Virginia (DC) and Maryland shows ( Baltimore Washington) as well as
Atlanta.
For me driving is a serious factor as I do not want to fly as my wife will likely be accompanying me as we will include any shows with a vacation trip.
I have driven to Atlanta before and so am familiar with I-75 and unless we get off it and drive to other areas it doesn't appeal to me much as a vacation route and Atlanta Metro traffic rivals Chicago and DC in congestion and so doesn't appeal to me either as a place to spend much time, but I believe I could get to the Atlanta show without driving into and through the City, so it does appeal a bit more than Chicago which I hate driving in, but as the DC show isn't actually in DC, that show might be acceptable by driving around the congestion there and so being closer appeals to me more than Atlanta.

#3 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2020 - 00:03

Hi Parker51, the reason he's considering it is because we're spending March in Florida and have to head North at some time! I agree, there are shows far closer to Ontario, but as we'd be in the US already, it is tempting.

#4 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 00:17

I’ve only attended on Saturdays, and I’ve always found it very well attended. Frequently hard to get to the tables. In my experience it’s hard to see everything due to so many other attendees. I hope you decide to be there Saturday!
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

|