The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Are Your Favourite Metal Pens?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 txomsy

txomsy

Ignoramus maximus

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:46

Just a clarification since I can no longer edit my earlier post.

I've finally found out what the pen I mentioned (the cheap 3-4 EUR clone of the Delike Alpha) brand name likely is. I was looking for the latest Qigong Delike when I saw on some Asian pages what seems to be the equivalent (in looks and price) of this cheap clone. Not being fluent in the languages, my (mis?)understanding is that the brand name is "C3". They also seem to make clones now of the Steel Kaweco Sport/Delike Alpha and of the colored AL variants, although only the Steel variant seems now to be available on eBay in joint ads with the brass version.

That said, although these C3 clones have become my EDC (one with an F and another with an EMF FPR Flex nib) -they are always in a pants pocket-, I'd have to say that my current other favorite is the Kaweco Liliput Copper, closely followed by the metal Kaweco Sports (AL Stonewashed and Brass).

And for over 20+ years, it was a Montblanc Noblesse/Slimline, which was single-handedly my main pen, coupled with a super-slim pen that most likely was a Sheaffer Slim Targa (though after  30+ years I can hardly say if it was or if it was a clone since it didn't have any identifying marks).

Sponsored Content

#122 LWW

LWW

Half fast writer.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 23:25

CRISS TOWNSEND.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

#123 LWW

LWW

Half fast writer.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 23:25

CROSS TOWNSEND.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ..."

#124 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,075 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:34

Cross Century, 1980.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#125 LWW

LWW

Half fast writer.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 23:56

Cross Century, 1980.

The CENTURY II is also a very nice pen.

#126 seimodern

seimodern

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:41

I thought I wouldn't like metal pens and sections as much as all of the resins I had started with, but have since realized my affinity for metal and indeed heavy pens.

A few of my faves:
-Dupont atélier
-Caran d'Ache Varius (esp gold or rhodium + laque de chine
-Dupont Ellipsis (metal finish)
-CdA Léman

Sponsored Content

|