The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mont Blanc 149 Meisterstück With Leaking Barrel (Split Barrel)

leak mont blanc sealing meisterstück

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Michael R.

Michael R.

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2020 - 17:21

Oh, now I remember this story... :-(

pro: Montblanc still can offer repair on those pens

contra: it became very expensive...up to half the pen's value (same on the Hemingway, Poe,...)

Sponsored Content

#22 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 20:17

the cap screws off when I put it in my inside pocket, and end up with an inky jacket.

Infuriating! I had this exact same problem with a 146. I tried no end of solutions, but nothing ever cured it.

It ruined my favourite vintage suit with a dark ink patch. Unfortunately, I didn't learn my lesson and it went on to ruin another jacket. I resorted to carrying in my bag - and it would still unscrew itself!

Then I put it in for a service (for other unrelated issues). It came back with new everything - except cap and nib.

But, the cap problem was solved, somehow. It now sits snug on the pen and I can carry it in my pocket, or bag all day without it unscrewing itself.

The whole episode remains unexplained, I don't know how or why it happened, or what stopped it happening!

Hope you come out of it with a positive result.

#23 ljmudit

ljmudit

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:35

Infuriating! I had this exact same problem with a 146. I tried no end of solutions, but nothing ever cured it.

It ruined my favourite vintage suit with a dark ink patch. Unfortunately, I didn't learn my lesson and it went on to ruin another jacket. I resorted to carrying in my bag - and it would still unscrew itself!

Then I put it in for a service (for other unrelated issues). It came back with new everything - except cap and nib.

But, the cap problem was solved, somehow. It now sits snug on the pen and I can carry it in my pocket, or bag all day without it unscrewing itself.

The whole episode remains unexplained, I don't know how or why it happened, or what stopped it happening!

Hope you come out of it with a positive result.

Same issue with my 149. I screw it finger tight, but it unscrews itself with just a light touch.

Maybe the threads have worn out in 30 years of its existence? Any fix for this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leak, mont blanc, sealing, meisterstück

Sponsored Content

|