Parker Quink Blue Black (New)

bokaba

Parker Quink Blue Black (New Formulation)

post-134418-0-62318900-1578977806_thumb.jpg

Pilot Metropolitan F on Rhodia Dot Pad

Drying time: less than 5 seconds (almost instant on cheap copy paper)

Flow: medium; not particularly wet or dry (some problems with not starting in Metro fine, but this pen has that problem from time to time)

Feather: very little if any

Shading: very little

Lubricated: no

Waterproof/archival: no, but decent water resistance on copy paper

Saturation: medium

Color: deep blue, not very much black; Quink Blue Black was reformulated in recent years into this navy blue color from a teal gray

Value: quite good, less than $10 for 60ml bottle

Country of Manufacture: France

Bottle design: decent, very wide mouth

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bokaba

• Mercian

• WJM

• timotheap

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like that this review is breif and striaght to the point.

Looking forward to more reviews like this, keep it up!

Thank you very much for the review. I really like this colour.

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

What is this? Is it another reformulation than the 2018 version? On the picture it looks way darker.

I believe it is just the photo/lighting.

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

Has anyone found a source for this in the UK? Every time I think I've tracked some down, it turns out to be the dreary old teal. Packaging doesn't seem to be a guide, and there isn't another way to tell as far as I can see.

John

Thank you for this review -

the picture shows this ink to be quite dark, do you have any idea how it compares to Waterman Blue Black?

I think this ink would be comparable with Platinum Blue Black and a little lighter than Pilot Blue Black. I have not used Waterman Blue Black, but it appears to be another greenish blue black like the old Quink.

The old (pre-2018) Quink Blue Black and Waterman Blue-Black ("Mysterious Blue") were virtually idetical, leading some people, including me, to suspect that they were exactly the same ink in two different bottles.

How does one tell which is "New Formulation", is it thus labelled?

What Quink box colourway should I be looking out for... half gilt half colour with vertical separation? Or grey top 2/3rds and white bottom 1/3rd. Or that predominantly black box.

Hello there, thanks for the review. What new formulation is this? COuld you please share a photo of the bottle? I got mine last year. I do not know if is new or old formulation. Thanks!

Javier

You will find images of the old and new packing on this page...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/190066-parker-quink-blue-black/page-3

The new formula does not have the colour written on the box - just a square colour swatch.

If the box looks like this, with only the little colour square...

fpn_1556090941__quink_new_.jpg

How does one confirm it is indeed BlueBlack & not the nonwashable Blue? :)

I have enough trouble differentiating already by just the coloured labels on the Quink bottle, I usually add my own worded label. Even harder to tell colours apart when they're at bottom of dark drawer or back of shelf.

The last bottle I got was from a bricks-and-mortar shop, and I did indeed have to take out the bottle to be sure of getting blue black!

✒️ :happyberet:

fpn_1556090941__quink_new_.jpg

I have enough trouble differentiating already by just the coloured labels on the Quink bottle, I usually add my own worded label. Even harder to tell colours apart when they're at bottom of dark drawer or back of shelf.

The coloured square is more accurate than one might imagine without seeing it.

However, the exact ink colour is clearly written on the side of the box in various languages, visible in this image, just hard to read.

Imagine an ink maker not writing anywhere what colour their ink is, massive disaster, regardless of the availability of a swatch.

A shame they don't write the colour on the actual bottles, but like you I add my own label onto the bottle.

Good ink! I always use it first in new pens to get a consistant experience in testing the pen versus previous pens.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

In the UK, I bought a bottle with the grey/white packaging and it was still the old teal :unsure:

This was my third attempt, so for the moment I have given up ...

John

post-134418-0-08780600-1579826386_thumb.jpg

I did another sample using a scanner rather than a photo to better show the color and saturation.

Writing done on 70lb color photo paper

Edited by bokaba