The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

I Don't Know Why I Bother Resacing!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 17:11

https://www.ebay.co....353.m1438.l2649

I mean, it doesn't even have the right clip!

Sponsored Content

#2 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 19:51

Two bidders chasing it up  to stupid levels.

Perhaps a NOS item would justify the current bid, but a well used frankenpen ??? 

of course if you want to be mischevious put a bid in, the latest bidder has clearly submitted a bid of at least £176 ;-)

#3 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 22:12

I can't afford to be that mischevious, Paul!

#4 MalcolmH

MalcolmH

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2020 - 19:51

Yikes! Is that a complete fabrication?

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 19:55

Just looked at the listing.  And the final price, and YIKES!  Too rich for my blood, especially for a brand I know almost nothing about, other than that it exists.

Back to the OP's question of "Why should I bother?"  Um, well, maybe it's because you're more conscientious than that seller?  Although, to be fair, the seller may not know anything about pens, and it could be an estate sale find.  After all -- I got a Parker 51 Vac for ten bucks because it had the wrong brand cap on it in an antiques mall booth (and no price tags, and was in with a couple of 3rd tier junkers), and a 51 Aerometric for fifteen bucks in another booth the same day because it was labeled as a Parker Frontier... (getting 51 caps cost more than the pens did!).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

|