The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montegrappa Miya

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Moruk

Moruk

Moruk

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 18:48

Does the Montegrappa Miya ever present with a solid, rather than a bi-color nib? The Miya I have appears to have a steel nib, (that is, no marks to indicate it's gold)  but I'm at loss to know how that could be possible.  Does anyone have any information about this? Many thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 20:23

Does it stick to a magnet? Some of the extra models appear from time to time with a silver coloured monotone nib, but they are still gold nibs

Edited by Uncial, 12 January 2020 - 20:23.

#3 RubenDh

RubenDh

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 21:33

Did you buy it from a reputable seller (local store, Goulets,...) ?

Edited by RubenDh, 12 January 2020 - 21:34.

#4 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 22:47

My Miya has a bi-colored gold nib, but there is no visible guild on it. I bet that the gold marks are on the lower part of the nib, which rests within the collar under the silver grip.

I have a spare no. 8 nib from a Montegrappa Extra, and the guild stamps <750> <*1140MI> are written 2–3 mm under the letter M that informs about the medium tip of the nib, so it was virtually invisible once inserted within the section.

Even if the nib of the Miya is smaller, also in its lower visible part is stamped the size of the tip (F in my case, for fine), so I assume that the gold stamps are still lower on the nib, inside the section.

#5 Moruk

Moruk

Moruk

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2020 - 18:02

thanks to all for the information.

#6 OMASsimo

OMASsimo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:35

Does it stick to a magnet? Some of the extra models appear from time to time with a silver coloured monotone nib, but they are still gold nibs

Keep in mind that many stainless steels are not magnetic.

Sponsored Content

|