Does the Montegrappa Miya ever present with a solid, rather than a bi-color nib? The Miya I have appears to have a steel nib, (that is, no marks to indicate it's gold) but I'm at loss to know how that could be possible. Does anyone have any information about this? Many thanks.
Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 12 January 2020 - 20:23
Edited by Uncial, 12 January 2020 - 20:23.
Posted 12 January 2020 - 21:33
Did you buy it from a reputable seller (local store, Goulets,...) ?
Edited by RubenDh, 12 January 2020 - 21:34.
Posted 12 January 2020 - 22:47
My Miya has a bi-colored gold nib, but there is no visible guild on it. I bet that the gold marks are on the lower part of the nib, which rests within the collar under the silver grip.
I have a spare no. 8 nib from a Montegrappa Extra, and the guild stamps <750> <*1140MI> are written 2–3 mm under the letter M that informs about the medium tip of the nib, so it was virtually invisible once inserted within the section.
Even if the nib of the Miya is smaller, also in its lower visible part is stamped the size of the tip (F in my case, for fine), so I assume that the gold stamps are still lower on the nib, inside the section.
Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:35
Does it stick to a magnet? Some of the extra models appear from time to time with a silver coloured monotone nib, but they are still gold nibs
Keep in mind that many stainless steels are not magnetic.