The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Grifos Pens-- A True Gem!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 writepen

writepen

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 18:41

Hello Fellow Members,

It is extremely rare (near impossible in today's market) to own and enjoy a genuine luxury writing instrument for which we did not pay a luxury price.  For 25 years from Northern Italy, Grifos Pens has created top-quality fountain pens, rollerball pens, ball pens, and pencils.  This acclaimed designer and manufacturer is focused on precision-based workmanship, not marketing.  And that is why you might not have heard of Grifos in the past.  Their resources go into the product, not into advertising.
My new Grifos Pens Nero Muse model artistically constructed of 2 durable materials which are incredibly versatile thus allowing the Craftsmen at Grifos to apply their creative expertise--the result is evident.  First is soothing, natural Italian Briarwood, indeed, real Briar Root, sourced specially from The Calabria Region of Southern Italy.  It is interesting to note that this is the area from which the finest Briarwood was produced to make well-known Italian pipes.  Second is eye-catching solid 925 sterling silver.  The pen cap and grip section are engraved with a stunning geometrical guilloche pattern.  Overall the fit and finish is flawless, and the weight, feel in the hand, and size, are optimal.  But for me, the ultimate joy is in the writing experience.  The gold-plated steel nib performs like gold...responsive and super smooth with a consistent delivery ink-flow-feeder.  I chose a Medium niib, and Fine, Extra Fine, and Broad points are also available.  To facilitate use of the dual filling mechanism, included is a box of standard, international cartridges (choice of blue or black) as well as a converter for bottle ink.  Grifos uniquely offers free international shipping.  The Company website:  https://grifos-pens.it/?lang=en

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:54

Maurizio is a joy to work with. Excellent communication, very accommodating of custom orders.

I've got two oikos. One barleycorn guilloche with a black brass lacquer cap, and the other with a multifaceted, intricate spiral guilloche on the barrel and cap.

His cheaper nibs are so-so, but the higher end ones are superb. And I can't think of a single other manufacturer that sells real sterling silver guilloche pens for anywhere close to what he sells them for. 

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#3 writepen

writepen

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:57

Maurizio is a joy to work with. Excellent communication, very accommodating of custom orders.

I've got two oikos. One barleycorn guilloche with a black brass lacquer cap, and the other with a multifaceted, intricate spiral guilloche on the barrel and cap.

His cheaper nibs are so-so, but the higher end ones are superb. And I can't think of a single other manufacturer that sells real sterling silver guilloche pens for anywhere close to what he sells them for. 

Hi...that is a nice report about your experience with Maurizio and Grifos pens.

Sponsored Content

|