The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Aurora Optima 365 Yellow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AurorasLover

AurorasLover

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 16:30

Aurora is releasing a new Optima 365 in yellow this year.

Curious to hear your opinion about it?

I personally will most likely skip that one ...

Image is from Appelboom.

Attached Images

• aurora-optima-365-calendar-2020-fountain-pen-1074x1074.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 16:43

I will skip that any Aurora pen ...Because Aurora factory is the worst after sell and customer service in Fountain pen makers...I will get a real problem if the pen has any functional issue...

René.

:happyberet: 

Edited by Mr.Rene, 02 January 2020 - 16:44.

#3 AurorasLover

AurorasLover

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 17:05

I will skip that any Aurora pen ...Because Aurora factory is the worst after sell and customer service in Fountain pen makers...I will get a real problem if the pen has any functional issue...

René.

:happyberet: 

I strongly disagree, but you must have had a bad experience. I'm sorry it left a bad impression on you.  I hope you will change your mind in the future and give Aurora another chance.

#4 langere

langere

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:02

I like the color.  It is different and stands out.  Not sure I can afford it right now...

Erick

Currently in Rotation: 

Moonman 200 "F" nib running Montblanc Racing Green

Diplomat Aero "F" nib running PR Blue Suede

Montegrappa Fortuna Copper Mule "F" nib running Wahl-Eversharp Everberry 

#5 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 02:26

I like the color.  It is different and stands out.  Not sure I can afford it right now...

Erick

Sadly I’m in the same boat for a while!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#6 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:27

The colour is ... interesting. I don't positively like it, but I don't mind it. I think it's better than last year's coral red one, but that's not high praise.

I know exactly who in my family would like it very much, and that it's an Italian product to boot, but she isn't a fountain pen user and certainly wouldn't be keen to have a A$1200 pen — which is for how much local retailers that carry Aurora will want to sell it.

If I can pick one up in twelve months' time, when stores are trying to clear their last remaining units, for around A$550 or even less, then maybe.

In the meantime, I'm happy with just my 365 'Cappuccino' and (ahem, now my wife's) Oliva in the Optima line.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#7 modernovervintage

modernovervintage

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:23

If only the optimas do not have stamping on the auroloide barrel.

#8 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:48

I actually like the shallow imprinted text on the barrel as a feature, on the Aurora Optima, Leonardo Momento Zero, and even Parker Duofold Centennial Classic Big Red Vintage pens.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

Sponsored Content

|