What Pen Are You Waiting For 2020

PenBuyer1796

I ordered a Lamy 2000 this afternoon. I've been considering one for ages, but have heard from Goulet Pens that the price is about to shoot up. It looks like an across the board thing, not just with them. Price rise in March. So I thought better buy it now! Managed to nab a new fine model from a German pen shop via Amazon.de marketplace (dispatched by Amazon.de). Cost £115 including postage to me in the UK. That's good I think. I'm hoping it's going to be great for me for filling, like my TWSBI 580AL, using the built in piston filler, so easier for neurological illness hands to operate. It also seems to be a similar size to my favourite Visconti. Have now broken the news to my husband!

Edited by vivdunstan

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• A Smug Dill

• inkstainedruth

• brokenclay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@vivdunstan

I hope you like your Lamy 2000. I got mine from what was then MassDrop, now Drop. It was a very good price at the time.

Posted Image

I ordered a Lamy 2000 steel ballpoint from Endless Pens. I've been carrying a Cross Century Classic ballpoint in my pocket for the last few years, and I've had my eye on something more substantial for a long time as a back up pen. I have the L2K Makrolon ballpoint and like the look, feel and smooth performance of the broad blue refill so I finally pulled the trigger on something similar that I don't feel like will snap in my pocket.

It'll be a nice compliment to my L2K steel fountain pen as well.

Edited by bemon

Last year I bought a Montegrappa Elmo Brenta di Notte LE from Goulet Pens. The material has depth to it like I’m looking down into the resin. I’ve wanted something similar and the latest LE called Chrysocolla was just released. The material is described as having that same depth and in a greener color. I’ve ordered it in a broad nib which is a stretch from the EF and F I usually use. Very much looking forward to this pen. I’m currently on vacation and hoping it will there by the time I get back home in a week.

Been spending my bonus (now upto 6 times at least) and have the following on the way:

Montegrappa Nazionale Flex Shiny Circles Limited Edition Fountain Pen

Pre-orders:

Wancher Bakelite Seven Treasures

90th Anniversary OLDWIN in Arco Verde Celluloid

Pelikan Souverän M815 Metal Striped Special Edition - EF nib causing delay

Broke my no new pen rule: waiting on a vintage Delta safety filler with beautiful filled gold overlay and flexy nib as well a tiny little Wahl gold ring top with flexy nib to attach to my key loop so I always have a pen on hand.

Also a bunch of permanent inks, tools (including sample vials), replacement ebonite feed for a MB 149, and a new 5 pen case...

SHEAFFER Targa Slim (according to the seller)

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

$_59.JPG

... apparently previously owned by an IBM person?

Hey, that's pretty neat! My dad worked in their research division for over 30 years, building circuit boards and doing stuff like gold sputtering for better conductivity or some such, on different projects.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hey, that's pretty neat! My dad worked in their research division for over 30 years, building circuit boards and doing stuff like gold sputtering for better conductivity or some such, on different projects.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Down_the_Rabbit_Hole.png

;)

all välgång
Alexander W.–G.

I had told myself to stop getting more pens... Three pens ago. It should have been easier after getting my close to perfection pens and having as many inks as I wanted, but nooo. Now waiting for a Parker 50 (ooh purty!), Waterman Concorde (now that is a crazy purchase given their reputation) and a Pilot 91 (the excuse: try them soft nibs, even if write lightly). Sure, they were all at decent prices, but still, I need to go back to photography again. Maybe that Concorde will burn me so bad I'll just have to stop.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I had told myself to stop getting more pens... Three pens ago. It should have been easier after getting my close to perfection pens and having as many inks as I wanted, but nooo. Now waiting for a Parker 50 (ooh purty!), Waterman Concorde (now that is a crazy purchase given their reputation) and a Pilot 91 (the excuse: try them soft nibs, even if write lightly). Sure, they were all at decent prices, but still, I need to go back to photography again. Maybe that Concorde will burn me so bad I'll just have to stop.

Yes, there are so many e.g. vintage LEICA cameras and lenses and accessory waiting to be purchased ... ;)

all välgång
Alexander W.–G.

Ernest Shin updated me about my Edison Extended Mina and say I can expect it this April! Can't wait to take pics and write up a storm!

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Waiting for the Kaweco Supra Stainless Steel with BB Nib. I already have the Brass Supra and I love it. As it is married to my traveller notebook, I thought about the stainless steel for work and things and really important stuff..... so it is really absolutely neccessary and it can keep my sport kaweco steel fountainpen and rollerball company

Edited by sanphoemo

MB 14 M,14k semi-flex nib, Ebonite feed is in the mail. This brings me to my limit. Well active pens. I have two to PIF, and one that I'll sell, leaving an empty slot.

Add lightness and simplicate.

I’m waiting on one of Shawn Newton’s slim celluloid Townsend fountain pens. :)

Yes, there are so many e.g. vintage LEICA cameras and lenses and accessory waiting to be purchased ... ;)

Luckily those are waaay out of my budget!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I'm still waiting on a Conklin Durograph in Amber with Omniflex nib that was offered at an amazing price a couple weeks backa. I had asked Atlas Stationers to check the nib before sending and, to their credit, they called me and let me know that the nib was indeed garbage and they wouldn't send out my order until they got another batch from Conklin that had decent nibs. Kudos to Atlas Stationers but boo to Conklin's still lousy quality control (for the record, my first Omniflex nib was piece of junk that only flexed once then never un-flexed).

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small