New To Mb Seeking Advice

Solitaire146

Diamond blue ink was LE in 2012. It was reviewed on this forum: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/225885-montblanc-meisterstuck-diamond/.

A nice survey of MB special inks you can find here: http://kmpn.blogspot.com.

~ Zdenek:

Thank you for the link to the review.

As I was not an FPN member in 2012, I'd never seen that review.

What a lovely color!

Unfortunately, in the area where I work blogspot is unavailable.

Tom K.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Zdenek

• DrDebG

• CS388

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice.

Our experiences have been somewhat opposite:

I cannot count the number of Montblanc boutiques I have been into and asked for a bottle of Hitchcock ink!

In the year of its release, I was touring the UK and Europe and it became a 'thing' that I would call into a boutique and ask for Hitchcock, in every new location we visited!

I still do go in and ask, if I find a boutique I've never visited, before.

And yet it is one ink I have never managed to attain! (Dare I say "yet"?)

Best wishes, CS

~ CS388:

Thank you for explaining your own experience with seeking Alfred Hitchcock ink.

It is the first purchase I ever made in any Montblanc boutique.

I'd never heard of it, or anything else from Montblanc, when it was offered to me as the only available red ink.

Without your explanation above, I'd never have realized how fortunate I was.

I hope that someday you'll find a bottle.

Tom K.

It's one of my very favorites too Tom. It's in one of my pens on the desk now, the M800 Brown in fact. I like the shade of it so much that some time back I made a passable copy with de Atramentis document inks to get an ink I could watercolor wash over. But that's another story ;)

~ BillH:

I fully appreciate why you'd like Iroshizuku Kiri-same.

As I'd enjoyed it so much from the smaller bottle, yesterday afternoon I went to a stationery store and purchased a full-sized bottle.

The soft grey is exactly what I like for writing notes in French.

Tom K.

I use several fountain pens and my MB84 has the MB red fox ink for marking up things. I usually get complements on that ink usage. it's not bright red and less glaring, but distinct for marking up things.

One pen with blue ink or sepia colour,another one with red. Different pens to facilitated the work done. MB common inks are good enough for my needs,so no limited edition ones here.

~ Zdenek:

Thank you for the link to the review.

As I was not an FPN member in 2012, I'd never seen that review.

What a lovely color!

Unfortunately, in the area where I work blogspot is unavailable.

Tom K.

Sorry Tom, I thought it was a chinese blog. Why? They survey the pen shops in Hong-Kong.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Thank you for your explanation. I apologize for my basic ignorance in this instance.

~ Zdenek:

No problem, my friend!

The unusual realities of the current situation here are often opaque.

I'm very impressed by the Montblanc Diamond Blue ink which you mentioned.

After reading the review which you kindly pointed out, I realize that Diamond Blue was an especially attractive ink.

I'm glad that you were able to acquire a bottle and are enjoying it in 2020.

Tom K.

~ Zdenek:

No problem, my friend!

The unusual realities of the current situation here are often opaque.

I'm very impressed by the Montblanc Diamond Blue ink which you mentioned.

After reading the review which you kindly pointed out, I realize that Diamond Blue was an especially attractive ink.

I'm glad that you were able to acquire a bottle and are enjoying it in 2020.

Tom K.

Again, thank you for your kind gentleman's reply.

As to the Diamond Blue Ink, I bought two bottles on 24. Aug. 2012, and another two on 4. Dec. 2012. Totally 120 ml of very, very nice ink. I still have got a nice stock of the ink for many years.

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Again, thank you for your kind gentleman's reply.

As to the Diamond Blue Ink, I bought two bottles on 24. Aug. 2012, and another two on 4. Dec. 2012. Totally 120 ml of very, very nice ink. I still have got a nice stock of the ink for many years.

~ Zdenek:

Four bottles of such a high quality ink shows excellent preparation.

You'll be enjoying handwriting from your 149s for years to come.

Tom K.

:) Definitely, Tom.

... "Survivalism is a movement of individuals or groups (called survivalists or preppers who actively prepare for emergencies,...." (taken from Wikipedia) :)

~ Zdenek:

There's a new approach for the Montblanc Marketing Department:

“Don't forget to include Montblanc fountain pens and inks in your emergency shelter provisions!

No underground quarters should be without them.”

Tom K.

~ DrDebG:

Like you, I don't match inks with pens.

What powerfully struck me was your mention of regularly using a pink ink.

I'd never owned any pink inks until a couple of months ago when I acquired a bottle of Montblanc Ladies Pearl.

The pink tone shows so well that it's useful for marking manuscripts without seeming excessively shrill, in a visual sense, as certain reds might seem.

I'd wondered if any others did the same. Thanks to your post, now I know.

Tom K.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying Ladies Pearl. But, I do like pink inks for a variety of purposes.

I use Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji a lot. I understand that Kosumosu is also nice. I also have a very vibrant ink (some might say eye searing), Rohrer & Klinger Solferino. And also among my collection, I have J. Herbin Rouge Cyclamen, which is also quite vibrant. J. Herbin Rose Tendresse is another I have considered, but I think it would probably be too light for my needs. And I also always use the pink inks in a fine nib rather than my typical wider nibs. The same holds true for many of the vibrant reds that I use.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Tom K. -

Thank you for the very kind and tactful comment. I appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

Many times people make "light" comments out of not being knowledgeable about certain situations, and can endanger others. They do not mean to be offensive or critical or create a problem for anyone, but sometimes it happens.

I do understand and appreciate your remarks.

~ DrDebG:

Thank you!

Tom K.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying Ladies Pearl. But, I do like pink inks for a variety of purposes.

I use Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji a lot. I understand that Kosumosu is also nice. I also have a very vibrant ink (some might say eye searing), Rohrer & Klinger Solferino. And also among my collection, I have J. Herbin Rouge Cyclamen, which is also quite vibrant. J. Herbin Rose Tendresse is another I have considered, but I think it would probably be too light for my needs. And I also always use the pink inks in a fine nib rather than my typical wider nibs. The same holds true for many of the vibrant reds that I use.

~ DrDebG:

Montblanc Ladies Pearl is a more subdued pink, not at all vibrant.

Because it's not pale or light, it shows up well on white, cream or off-white paper.

The appeal for work use is that it's a gentle approach to suggesting flaws in student written work.

They tend to more easily accept gentle guidance than the ubiquitous heavy-handed correction which prevails here.

Tom K.

I have taken the liberty of removing a number of posts and their responses that are not part of the actual discussions of pens and inks in this topic thread, but which may be of a sensitive nature.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Tom K -

Thank you for telling me more about MB Ladies Pearl. I will add that to my list.

Edited by DrDebG

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Tom K -

Thank you for telling me more about MB Ladies Pearl. I will add that to my list.

~ DrDebG:

If there was any one ink from any brand which most surprised me with its quality in 2019 it was Montblanc Ladies Pearl.

Tom K.