What Pens Are You Using Today 2020

PenBuyer1796

And environmentally responsible too - since they're not disposable and using bottled ink aren't adding to the plastic waste of the world. You have a beautiful collection.

Hi, Amanda! :-) Thank you for your kind comment. And you are absolutely right: since many years ago I don't buy cartridges. When there was no converter available I just refilled the old cartridge using a small syringe. I live in Chile and there were not many places dedicated to fountain pens until Santiago Penshop appeared (www.penshop.cl). Now that converters are more available, I buy one along with the pen. And that's one of the reasons I appreciate Twisbi more and more: the Eco line is quite close in price to Lamy's but the piston system included make them far more valuable to me. :-)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• NumberSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A recently purchased pre-owned Modern Wahl Eversharp Decoband. Still trying to get used to how the pens writes

So far today, it's been the Pilot Decimo, F nib, with Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa.

Interestingly enough, on some paper the ink is much more vibrant a blue, even with that nib, than I think of Tsuyu-kusa being (I had to use it the other day when signing paperwork at the dentist's office, including an affidavit saying "No, I don't believe I've been in contact with anyone with COVID-19". And it wasn't the sort of wispy light blue with lots of shading I remember, but was a lot saturated (closer to my bottle of Noodler's Liberty's Elysium). Which made me wonder even more why Tsuyu-kusa doesn't get the love other Iroshizuku inks get. Oh, yeah, I absolutely love Kon-peki, too, mind you. But there is something sort of serene about Tsuyu-kusa. And this is with it coming out of a Japanese fine nib.

Nothing boring about that ink....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

For me today it was a Lamy Safari (red, white cap, blue body) with Edelstein Topaz, a Pelikan M205 Olivine, with Edelstein Olivine, and (gasp) a Burnt Orange Pelikan Ballpoint in blue fine.

The last few days I used a vintage Pelikan 400NN with Organics Studio Barkley Teal Blue, a Wing Sung 699 with Blackstone Sydney Harbor Blue and a vintage Rotring Rapidograph no. 00 with Pelikan Brilliant-Schwarz. The Rapidograph is more intended for technical drawing but you also can easily write with it and with the no.00 you can make very tiny annotations.

Bexley: C/C

Gama: Ezhuthani desk pen w/a Waterman nib ED

Wahl: Greek Key pattern LF

Opus 88: Bela ED

fpn_1597111218__937.jpg

Fred

TWSBI Eco Yellow - M. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Antique Yankee

Monteverde Prima Green - B. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Emerald Green

Taccia- MOP Stained Glass 2-T 18k nib C/C Fill c.'05

fpn_1597192568__cityontheedgeofforeverha

Fred,

take nothing for granted as nothing is permanent and anything

can disappear in the blink of an eye........................

fpn_1597279545__758.jpg

Fred

Rhtythm of the Rain...The Cascades '63

Burning Love....Elvis Garden Party..Nelson....

Alex what is 1972.................................................

After yesterday's disaster of my own making, surprisingly I managed to straighten the tines on the wrecked nib and get it writing again, but of course now it can't be used in my PenBSS 355 as originally intended, so:

fpn_1597302693__writing_sample_using_reh

fpn_1597302560__close-up_of_rehabilitate

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Parker 21 (F) - Quink Blue-Black

Parker 51 Demi (F) - Noodler's Air Corps Blue-Black

Parker 51 Aero (F) - J Herbin Perle Noire

The first two are pretty wet writers, so they're a little broader lines than the usual fine Parkers. The Aero 51 is quite fine. All three are terrific writers.

Edited by NumberSix

Today has mostly been my newest acquisition. A Newton Townsend in dark purple ripple ebonite with fine nib.

I have my Pelikan 140 and M400 White Tortoise with me as well, but haven't yet used them. But haven't done much writing today.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

My recently acquired Sailor 1911S Wicked Witch of the West with medium nib.

My Parker 51 plum demi is also inked, but I haven't used it today.

Just out of storage, a FC #66 with a steel medium stub by Masuyama. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy writing when using it with Emerald of Chivor ink!