What Pens Are You Using Today 2020

PenBuyer1796

I :wub: that you use a Vector and a 51 at the same time. :)

:D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• NumberSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jinhao 159 (gold) - M. nib. Ink: Diamine Shimmer Brandy Dazzle

Jinhao Centennial - M. nib Ink: Chesterfield Antique Orchid

fpn_1590183333__pens_52220.jpg

Great question ... fun to answer and see other people's responses.

Today, so far, I wrote with my Wahl Eversharp Decoband Gatsby (black), Scribo Feel Fine Flex (blue-black), and Montegrappa Monte Grappa flex (yellow celluloid).

I keep about six pens on my bed-stand to write in a journal and use each one for awhile daily. I'll switch them out about once a week for a different six, which is a good way of making sure the collection gets regular attention. I usually like to have red, green, blue, and black inks available in the batch. Right now those six pens are my Wahl Eversharp Vintage Flex (green, black, and tan swirls), Montblanc Rudyard Kipling EF (grey -- I'll never understand how Montblanc can say it's some variation of the green that was the color of the first edition of Kipling's Jungle Book, which really is a green), Conway-Stewart Flex (red), and three Auroras -- Internaztioale, Cento Verdi, and Giove.

A good holiday weekend to all!

May 22, 2020

Middle..Modern Pelikan M101N Tortoiseshell / Red PIF

Left 100N Custom Binde PIF

Right 100N LIght Gray Binde PIF

Lastly a Meteore 927 Accordion Filler French Made

Filled with the Blues

fpn_1590192336__247.jpg

Fred

Lamy Marron XL

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Got a new pen for a very reasonable price, but the grip is too slippery though.

49924161461_9b77d40d2e_c_d.jpg

Yes, the chrome section on the Lamy Studio seems to be a polarizing thing. I like the weight of the pen, and the smooth section doesnt bother me, but I can see how it would make some folks crazy.

Three inked this morning:

• Shaeffer Prelude (F) - Skrip Blue cartridge
  • Shaeffer Cartridge Pen (M), ca 1960s - Skrip Green cartridge
  • Platinum Preppy (F) - Quink Washable Blue, eyedroppered

My $5 Preppy is more pleasurable to use than my $40 Prelude. Both are Fine nibs and nice enough to use. But the Prelude is a slightly-scratchy XF, despite the "F" label. And the Preppy smoothly writes a thick fine line. (Plus, it's fun watching the eyedroppered ink slosh around, and the section is a little bigger for gripping.)

There's no doubt in my mind which pen will last longer and would be more solid when thrown in a jeans pocket. But I sure like using the Preppy. :D
The Shaeffer, I am only guessing is a 60s era. It's green plastic with a metal cap. The blister pack had "50th Anniversary" on it, which I believe would be 1963.This pen is short, thin, and weightless -- it can't even fit the modern Shaeffer converter, but the cart fit just fine. And it's an absolute joy to use. The Medium nib just glides over the page, and the green ink is lovely.

Finally decided to buy it, learning how to use it ;)

IMG_1040.jpeg

I would like to try a calligraphy nib as well! But first I have to get my 149 fixed first; the section cracked, and is a bit leaky at the moment.

Monteverde Prima - Stub nib. Ink: Chesterfield Amethyst. Journaling this evening.

fpn_1590296279__monteverde_prima_purpleb

Esterbrook #444 Desk Set - Nib #9968. Ink: Waterman Inspired Blue

Vintage FP - EF Nib. Ink: Chesterfield Antique Oxford

Wanted to enjoy two of my much older pens today!

fpn_1590340826__pens_52420.jpg

• Parker 51 Special (F) - Waterman Serenity Blue

The octanium nibs on my 21 and 51S feedback like a pencil, and I love them for it.

Finally decided to buy it, learning how to use it ;)

IMG_1040.jpeg

What's the ink you're using? Looks like the type of sepia/brown that is right up my alley. Plus it appears to have a bit of the edge shading crispness that some people refer to as "halo-ing", so that might an extra bonus for me (not that I NEED any more ink, of course :blush:; just keeping a list for future reference, you understand... ;)).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

What's the ink you're using? Looks like the type of sepia/brown that is right up my alley. Plus it appears to have a bit of the edge shading crispness that some people refer to as "halo-ing", so that might an extra bonus for me (not that I NEED any more ink, of course :blush:; just keeping a list for future reference, you understand... ;)).

It's Kyo-iro no 01 - Gion's Cobblestones. Very nice ink, but was to dry for this pen - it started railroading.

"not that I NEED any more ink, of course :blush:; just keeping a list for future reference," - hehe, I keep saying that all the time. 115 bottles and counting.

Michal

URUSHI Studio, bespoke urushi fountain pens

1.) Needlepoint/spencerian flex modded pilot metal falcon + Monteverde 2018 DC supershow blue

2.) PenBBS limited edition magnet filler with a custom JoWo needlepoint PO nib - Pelikan 4001 black

3.) vintage Pelikan 400NN tortise /w semiflex BB italic - Pelikan 4001 black

4.) Wing Sung 601 mini fude nib + nemosine aeolus palus red (gonna be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal sad when this runs out, it's the only red I own that will not feather)

fpn_1590393962__20200525_005453.jpg

fpn_1590393982__20200525_005512.jpg

And not in use today, but in the pouch for notes this quarter

1.) Platinum 3776 UEF /w Diamine registrars

2.) Guider mini ebonite - XXF steel #1 nib, eyedropper. Love it for some reason. 4001 black

3.) Pilot justus 95 F - Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses

4.) Aurora Optima Blue LE 190/330 flex, modified to XXF. Lamy 2019 Bronze (it's just orange)

5.) Karas Kustoms Starliner XL apollo 11 limited edition, blue aluminum cap/barrel, brass section, EF Ti nib, diamine magical forest

6.) Wing Sung 698 /w pilot M stub, turned into a formal italic by me. Noodlers Black Swan in Aussie Roses.

fpn_1590394079__20200525_010214.jpg

fpn_1590394240__20200525_010453.jpg

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Using one of my trusty Edisons today with Iroshizuku Yama-Guru.

0D9EDC55-14C3-439A-966F-3895E9ED6C49.jpeg

Parker Duofold Junior, flat top with Waterman Purple

Sailor Pro Gear Slim F with Rohrer & Klingner Solferino