What Pens Are You Using Today 2020

PenBuyer1796

My wife's new Aurora 888 Nettuno, because I needed a pen with interchangeable nibs against which to do comparative testing with my new Santini Italia Calypso Mother-of-Pearl. I have other Aurora pens that I could use, but this is probably as good a time as any to unbox the Neptune and test it, in case there's anything wrong and I need to make a claim with the retailer. It's all worked out well, though.

Edit: Change of ownership

a pic of the Nettuno ASD? I'm watching that one too before it runs out, the Mercurio is out already but I'm undecided which I prefer...

(Giove is out too, but no to my liking so much...)

Edited by sansenri

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• NumberSix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three today:

• Conid Minimalistica with a Ti <FCI>: Visconti Blue
  • Sheaffer Valiant II <F>: Sailr Do-You
  • Lamy 2000 <MCI>: Akkerman Ijzer-Galnoten

fpn_1580071879__20200127_094813.jpg

Edited by silverlifter

Vintage. Cursive italic. Iron gall.

51D1500E-E27D-4687-8AA7-EB8FF2406D0F.jpeg

Im not actually using this pen, Im just trying to figure out why I cant upload my profile pic.

a pic of the Nettuno ASD? I'm watching that one too before it runs out, the Mercurio is out already but I'm undecided which I prefer...

fpn_1580098172__aurora_888_saturno_and_n

I must say the Nettuno looks brighter "in the flesh" than the photo may suggest; it's like a still, teal-coloured lake with pieces of ice submerged just below the water's surface. I like it, but I love the indigo bits in the dark murky green on the Saturno much more.

I think the look of the Giove is interesting, and I might end up getting one, but certainly not at the MSRP (or even with a mere 20% discount).

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Writing with my Aurora 88 Big (model 803, M nib), filled with Afpn_1580106803__aurora_88.jpegurora blue-black. For me, everything is right about this pen: size, piston filler, design, nib. Picture from lacasadellastilografica website

Took out this trio.................

fpn_1580168601__detomasopanteragt5.jpg

Fred

chow time......................................................................................................................

Geha 715, 14k. (EF) – Diamine Jet Black

Kreuzer 14k. (EF) – R&K Leipziger Schwarz

PenBBS 322 (EF) – Diamine Salamander

Moonman M2 (F) – Diamine Chocolate Brown

Iraurita Brass (M) – R&K Alt-Bordeaux

fpn_1580264830__akgef4xvubaxrayplanooalp

Fred

...it makes you a beast, I became a killer, that's a terrible thing for a human being to

have on his shoulders....The faces of people you killed, the friends who died, they

don't leave you alone. It took me years to overcome that.....

Tony Vaccaro on combat..........................................................

fpn_1580098172__aurora_888_saturno_and_n

I must say the Nettuno looks brighter "in the flesh" than the photo may suggest; it's like a still, teal-coloured lake with pieces of ice submerged just below the water's surface. I like it, but I love the indigo bits in the dark murky green on the Saturno much more.

I think the look of the Giove is interesting, and I might end up getting one, but certainly not at the MSRP (or even with a mere 20% discount).

Thanks, I have the Saturno and love it! you're right very fascinating colour, I think the most unusual and yet attractive so far in the series.

The Giove is interesting, but possibly a bit too much "arlecchino" for my taste, it would be nice to see it in flesh.

The sparkling blue of the Nettuno is enchanting though... :)

You're building quite a line up of 88 and Optima there...

Writing with my Aurora 88 Big (model 803, M nib), filled with Afpn_1580106803__aurora_88.jpegurora blue-black. For me, everything is right about this pen: size, piston filler, design, nib. Picture from lacasadellastilografica website

nice one fphilipp, I'm still lacking the silver capped 88, although it has never gone off my radar...

I also agree with your comment, if I had to chose one pen it would most likely be my 88 with gold millerighe cap.

The pen in my pocket today was this Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night filled with my very own (Pelikan+Visconti) blue black mix...

fpn_1579552435__p1170218-3_visconti_van_

Montblanc 144R Bordeaux color

Cross chrome Townsend

Parker 51 midnight blue

Sheaffer Holly Pen, 1996

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Today, I'm testing one of the steel-nibbed Aurora pens I've just received, to see whether it (actually, its sibling) is worthy to be offered as a gift to a dear family friend as a her "first" fountain pen probably since adulthood. Instead of Aurora Black, I'm using J.Herbin Perle Noire ink because that is of what I can "spare" a new bottle; I ordered and just received bottles of Perle Noire and Bleu Nuit that are surplus to my "needs" (or my "library").

fpn_1580357274__aurora_ipsilon_satin_gre

I have an Aurora Ipsilon Cento Italia sporting a ruthenium-plated 14K gold nib, with which I signed my wedding paperwork (so I won't be giving that pen away any time soon), but frankly I think I like using this steel nib better.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Today, I'm testing one of the steel-nibbed Aurora pens I've just received, to see whether it (actually, its sibling) is worthy to be offered as a gift to a dear family friend as a her "first" fountain pen probably since adulthood. Instead of Aurora Black, I'm using J.Herbin Perle Noire ink because that is of what I can "spare" a new bottle; I ordered and just received bottles of Perle Noire and Bleu Nuit that are surplus to my "needs" (or my "library").

fpn_1580357274__aurora_ipsilon_satin_gre

I have an Aurora Ipsilon Cento Italia sporting a ruthenium-plated 14K gold nib, with which I signed my wedding paperwork (so I won't be giving that pen away any time soon), but frankly I think I like using this steel nib better.

Wow! Impressive handwriting.

I decided to pull out my Swan S.F.1 bchr pen to use for the day with Papier Plume maroon (more like brown) ink. Nib is a fine flex but it needs a nib smoothing as its a bit scratchy.