The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nib Problems On Jinhao X750

nib feed jinhao

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sjpens12

sjpens12

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 21:36

So I had replaced the nib on my Jinhao X750 about a month ago, and I want to switch it again. But no matter how I try, the nib and feed will not come out of the pen.

I have soaked it in warm water and that didn't work either. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, FPN! :)

-SJ

Don't demand that things happen as you wish, but wish that they happen as they do happen, and you will go on well.

-Epictetus, Encheiridion

Sponsored Content

#2 k3eax

k3eax

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 22:48

The nib and feed can only properly be reinserted after noting that the receiving holes in the section is not completely circular but rather has a portion that is flat. The feed has a corisponding flat portion that must match the flatened portion of the  section's receiving hole Had you failed to to note this and simply  jammed the feed into the hole, your problem may now be the consequence.

Assuming that youd did not make this mistake and that the feed refuses to release from the section as the result of dried ink, try soaking  it in warm water to which a few ounces of amonia has been added.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib, feed, jinhao

Sponsored Content

|