The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Need Help Identifying Interesting Nib On Vintage Omas Extra Fp

omas vintage nib nib identification

No replies to this topic

#1 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:37

I had the pleasure of seeing a very nice vintage fountain pen during a recent dinner with a friend. The pen belonged to the his late grandfather. It is an Omas Extra lever filler with marbled brown celluloid. I love looking at any vintage pens, and noticed that the nib is not the usual Omas vintage nib. It has a kind of sheep(?) imprint on the nib with "14K-585" and "OSMIUM" on it. I didn't write with it, but I tried on my thumb nail and it feels very soft and flexible, a typical wonderful vintage nib of that era. With the permission of my friend, I posted the photos of this pen in the hope that someone might know what this interesting-looking replacement nib is. Many thanks!

By the way, I had offered to restore (lever is stuck and also needs new sac for sure) and polish this pen for my friend, but he doesn't want. He wants to leave the pen as how it was when he received it, and only uses it as a dip pen. I understand.

Attached Images

• IMG_6276.jpg
  • IMG_6275.jpg
  • IMG_6274.jpg

Sponsored Content

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omas, vintage nib, nib identification

Sponsored Content

|