The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc - Meisterstück Le Petit Prince & Fox Classique Ballpoint Pen - Is It Real?

montblanc authenticity meisterstück petitprince fake

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MontBlancWorld

MontBlancWorld

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 15:54

Hello, 

I wanted to buy this  Meisterstück Le Petit Prince & Fox Classique Ballpoint Pen for a while. It's my first ever Mont Blanc pen. I am new to the high end pen world and have limited budget... I found it on Amazon sold by RD Brands, came shipped from Israel and was about 150$ below MSRP. I decided to buy it there... 

After some readings, I now doubt I have a fake / replica product... I have the box that looks authentic, a serial number starting with "MBL...", Made in Germany / METAL inscription, I also weighted it and appears spot on. 

I emailed the vendor, they say it's authentic as well, they procure in bulk from an authorized seller, not being an authorized seller of their own. 

What do you all think? Real or Fake? 

Thank you so much!

Attached Images

• IMG_5221.PNG
  • IMG_5222.jpg
  • IMG_5232.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 16:36

Your pics are fuzzy but nothing looks too suss IMHO.

At least it's a ballpoint :) worst case you can go into MB boutique and buy a genuine refill, use that and your pen will write exactly like the real thing ;)

Can't say that with a Fountain Pen :( you can't put a genuine nib into a fake pen to make FP write the same.

#3 MontBlancWorld

MontBlancWorld

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 16:59

Thank you for your answer! I think I'm going to keep it. If it's fake, I can't tell...

#4 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 19:49

Google the serial number. If you get a hot that's a bad sign.

If you look there are authorized retailers who offer 10 to 20% off MSRP and you then have peace of mind and a warranty.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#5 tamiya

tamiya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 15:58

If you really want to be sure, take it into a MB Boutique and they'll happily check authenticity for you.

If you haven't bought it from an MB AD & the warranty card isn't filled out, you won't enjoy warranty through MB. You'll have to claim back thru your retailer if there's any manufacturing defects. This is on par with big box stores like Costco who aren't ADs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, authenticity, meisterstück, petitprince, fake

Sponsored Content

|