The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Philadelphia Pen Show 2020

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 flyingfox

flyingfox

Coffee, tea, or ink?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2020 - 21:33

Yay, my home show!

Will be there on Friday and Saturday. Signed up for Uncial class on Friday afternoon as well! I actually prefer this new/ old location (I still think of it as Sheraton), because lighting is much better than the hotel at Liberty Place.

Sponsored Content

#22 Preston

Preston

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:34

Going to be my first pen show. Not sure what to expect but looking forward to it

#23 Sozen-odyssey-of-hammer

Sozen-odyssey-of-hammer

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 13:23

This would be my first show as well and I'm trying to get tickets for it. I'm working on the 17 and 19th so will be able to go on the 18th but it's there a specific day out of the three that is better to go on?

#24 flyingfox

flyingfox

Coffee, tea, or ink?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2020 - 15:33

This would be my first show as well and I'm trying to get tickets for it. I'm working on the 17 and 19th so will be able to go on the 18th but it's there a specific day out of the three that is better to go on?

A “better” day depends on your perspective. Saturday usually is the busiest one, attended by the most number of people (both vendors and participants), and I think it is great that you can make it on Saturday.

Friday tends to be more relaxed. Some vendors are busy setting up their table. Some of the traders are not “professionals” in the pen world but have a day job, so some of them don’t make it on Friday either.

Of course- in this season in Philly, weather is always a huge X-factor, but it is a mild winter this year.

#25 Maya288

Maya288

Meega, Nala Kweesta!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:05

@sozen - I'm still on the fence

@flyingfox - I feel like the cat in your avatar... perhaps a little more sleepy

Sunday is the only day I can make it. So far, Saturday is looking like 30s with some slush btw.

I'd like to have something else lined up in Philly to make my trip more worthy, or even a lunch buddy.

Anyone fancy lunch on Sunday?

My local vintage shop is closing. I got a really good snag on some ink dip vintage pens. Mother of pearl accents.

But I think I'd like to add a FP this year.

#26 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 14:23

@sozen - I'm still on the fence

@flyingfox - I feel like the cat in your avatar... perhaps a little more sleepy

Sunday is the only day I can make it. So far, Saturday is looking like 30s with some slush btw.

I'd like to have something else lined up in Philly to make my trip more worthy, or even a lunch buddy.

Anyone fancy lunch on Sunday?

My local vintage shop is closing. I got a really good snag on some ink dip vintage pens. Mother of pearl accents.

But I think I'd like to add a FP this year.

The Philly show is definitely worth going to even if its the only thing you do that day. 

#27 Bagpiper

Bagpiper

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 17:19

I just rebooked at the Philly 201 at a lower rate then the Pen Show Group with a TMobile Tuesday rate - saved $100 bucks - which now converts into pen show swag

#28 RedRinger

RedRinger

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2020 - 18:35

I'll be there -- this'll be my third Philly show after somehow missing it the first four years I lived here. It was at the Westin 2 years ago (a gorgeous hotel) but moved last year to the Sheraton-now-201; couldn't tell ya about the hotel proper, but I thought the show space was just great last year. So far Philly and DC are my regular yearly shows, and while Philly is smaller I find it just as energetic and enjoyable, with a great variety of things to choose from. 

Welcome to all coming, safe travels!

Matt

#29 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2020 - 20:51

Well I got my ticket for Saturday. I cant wait to see what everyone brings. 

#30 Jadie

Jadie

Picky Pen Princess

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 00:29

Would love to go (my only slot free is Sunday) but I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast. It'll take me a bit to drive there so fingers crossed. If I can't make it...I hope you guys post pictures!

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

#31 debraji

debraji

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 22:55

Just home from the Philly Pen Show. Friday's the quietest day with the most relaxed vibe; some vendors won't set up until tomorrow. I had a good time, as always. Pen people love to talk about their pens, and I saw a couple of familiar faces. I always learn more about the hobby, and I tried on various pens for size. Came home with two vintage Pelikans, had one modern nib reground, and another nib smoothed. All in all, a really nice day at the show.

#32 Jadie

Jadie

Picky Pen Princess

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 16:21

How's the show going with the snow today? Wondering how roads will be tomorrow...

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

#33 Grayspoole

Grayspoole

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 20:32

I’ve been running errands all morning where I live, about a half hour NW of Center City and the small roads here are slick with about an inch of snow  (major roads are not too bad). The city is probably fine.

I will visit the show tomorrow, We’re supposed to change to sleet and rain tonight. Tomorrow should be rainy at the worst. 

Enjoying the updates from the folks at the show!

#34 avlisyar

avlisyar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:20

2 Hours North of Philly and it looks like a go!

Weather not as bad as predicted.

Can't wait to get there.

#35 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 21:32

I was there today.

I expected to look around, maybe a small purchase

Came home with a Masuyama MCI franklin-christoph Model 20 Smoke and Ice

And a Leonardo Furore In blue emerald with a broad nib

I guess these things just happen sometimes  :)

#36 Parker51

Parker51

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:09

I was there today.

I expected to look around, maybe a small purchase

Came home with a Masuyama MCI franklin-christoph Model 20 Smoke and Ice

And a Leonardo Furore In blue emerald with a broad nib

I guess these things just happen sometimes  :)

Well, you did make a couple of small purchases, in size. And in regard to price, well even those fine pens all together were much less than a luxury watch, a motorcycle, a car, a collectable guitar or many of the other things many of the other members of FPN collect. I understand however living with a budget as I have never had the funds to collect and buy expensive things and consider my purchases carefully, but it sound like you made rather good and unique purchases, so enjoy them.

Edited by Parker51, 20 January 2020 - 05:12.

Sponsored Content

|