The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Philadelphia Pen Show 2020

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Grayspoole

Grayspoole

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 13:30

I didn’t see a topic on this yet, so here’s one.

https://philadelphiapenshow.com/

The site has recently been updated with some confirmed exhibitors, with more information promised.

Anyone going? This will be my first pen show, and I am looking forward to it. I am eager to try the Franklin-Christoph music nib, rather than just gazing at its image online and wondering if I would like it, and I hope there will be some vintage pens of interest.

Sponsored Content

#2 WLSpec

WLSpec

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 15:43

I might make it - about 2.5 hour drive for me and actually on my birthday!  :P Maybe a birthday gift....

And I've been trying to buy a FC for a little while... it seems like the perfect opportunity!

Don't know yet, but I might be able to come. Hope so!

-WLSpec

#3 Barry Gabay

Barry Gabay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 17:57

Made hotel reservations a few weeks ago. Looking forward to attending as a civilian instead of sitting behind a table attempting to peddle fountain pens all weekend. It's a very good show in a seriously underrated city. See you there. 

#4 sjpens12

sjpens12

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2019 - 19:50

I didn’t see a topic on this yet, so here’s one.

https://philadelphiapenshow.com/

The site has recently been updated with some confirmed exhibitors, with more information promised.

Anyone going? This will be my first pen show, and I am looking forward to it. I am eager to try the Franklin-Christoph music nib, rather than just gazing at its image online and wondering if I would like it, and I hope there will be some vintage pens of interest.

I'm thinking about going too, and it's also my first pen show! I'm hoping to try some entry-level gold nib pens.

Edit: Just bought my ticket. 30 Dec. 2019, 15:29

Edited by sjpens12, 30 December 2019 - 20:29.

-SJ

Currently Inked Pens:
Lamy Al-Star <F> | Pilot Metropolitan <1.0 stub> | Parker Vector <M> | Camlin Elegante <F> | Jinhao X750 <M Architect> | TWSBI Eco <EF> | Conklin Duraflex Freedom <Omniflex> | Pilot Vanishing Point <M>|TWSBI Eco <B>||

#5 avlisyar

avlisyar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:28

It's my home show and I will be there.

I have already booked time with Gena

at Custom Nib Studio to have some

nibs worked on.

Now, let's hope Mother Nature

gives us a great weather day!

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2019 - 23:18

Rats.  As usual it's up against something I have to be at.  But boy, it sure would be fun to meet Salman, (FPN member SMK) who is apparently scheduled to teach several workshops at the show.... 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 Parker51

Parker51

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,447 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 01:12

Not for me, too expensive all around to drive from where I live, stay at an expensive hotel with expensive parking and admission.
For locals, likely well worth the admission as you can use public transportation.

Edited by Parker51, 01 January 2020 - 01:13.

#8 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 18:39

I'm actually going to be in Philly this weekend. But far away by event weekend...

#9 Maya288

Maya288

Meega, Nala Kweesta!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 18:21

A Friday-Saturday-Sunday-show provides some options. Sunday would be the day for me. The weather will tell whether I want to drive 2 hours one-way.

#10 pararis

pararis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 19:12

A public parking garage is about a block away. Weekend day rate is $7.

http://www.philapark...parking-garage/

#11 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 20:21

A public parking garage is about a block away. Weekend day rate is $7.

http://www.philapark...parking-garage/

This was great for when I visited. My wife and I did the show, then walked around to quickly see the museums and library that are a few blocks up from the hotel.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#12 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,091 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2020 - 20:29

This is my home show and I haven't missed it in the last 6 or 7 years.  Sadly, I'll be out of state that weekend and will have to miss it.  

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#13 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,385 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:19

:gaah:

I just looked at my calendar, and it's even worse for me.  Not only can't I go to the show, due to that prior commitment (which includes a performance by the amateur choir I'm in) -- I just realized that I had a possible reason to go to Philly on the 17th (an artifact owned by the Philadelphia Library is maybe going to be on temporary display and I had been trying to get myself inserted into the proceedings, to see the thing for real (not JUST on their website).   :wallbash: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#14 boulderchips

boulderchips

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:13

This will be my first show as well! I just moved away from Philly last summer, but I timed a friendly visit to coincide with the show :)

Don't totally know what to expect, but I'm excited.

#15 Parker51

Parker51

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,447 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:27

I just wish it was at a different time of the year. I want to go to Philadelphia some time this year to take my wife to Rittenhouse Town so that she can be in her great, great ... (lost track of generation number) grandparents home. I think it's neat that I know and am married to someone whose ancestors not only predate the revolutionary war, by a couple of generations, but also who's homestead has been preserved for over 300 years. That may not mean much to our European and Asian members given the very long history of many of your families, but here in the US, unless you are from certain tribes of Native Americans, not very many people can make such a visit to ones actual preserved ancestral home. I know I can't as the earliest family I have in the US who had property I know the location of only date back to about 1830 and most of what was their farm is now under a lake and there are no structures left. I can only locate the currently existing homes of any of my ancestors from 1940 as development eliminated the homes of the earlier generations that lived on farms and visiting my grandparents home in a 1920s era suburb while pleasant just doesn't feel historic.

Edited by Parker51, 05 January 2020 - 04:29.

#16 Frank_Federalist_Pens

Frank_Federalist_Pens

(Was "FrankieX" here)

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 17:01

Looking forward to my Home Show!

Will be there in the first aisle with my 4 tables of products!

Stop by, and say "Hello"!

Check out some exclusives, as well as other products from my 40+ Brands!

Thank You!

Frank

Fed Pens

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

Federalist Pens and Paper  (Online Pen Store)

facelogo.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

#17 Bagpiper

Bagpiper

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2020 - 18:20

The hotel where the pen show is being held, the Philadelphia 201 has received some recent terrible reviews, does anyone have any comments.

I didnt make it to the show last year, and was disappointed it was moved to the Philadelphia 201. Last years reviews of the 201 werent any better. I had my own problems with their reservation system when trying to book last year

Over the month, there are several complaints, ranging from no hot water, customer service issues, to general poor state of the hotel

I suspect that pen show discounted rooms wont be assigned to any of the newly renovated rooms on the top floors.

I may rebook and go to one of the hotels I have previously stayed at, something of a known factor.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/5WYzSaS862

#18 debraji

debraji

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 22:28

I'll be there on Friday. It's a fun show, and I always learn so much from the knowledgeable vendors. 

#19 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2020 - 15:52

I will be attending but I am probably only going Saturday. I used to go all three days. I was hoping I could vend at this show but there is always Long Island and next year's Philly show. I may bring a binder or two of pens I would trade or sell. 

#20 hersheybearsgoalie2

hersheybearsgoalie2

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2020 - 13:45

I will be there on either Saturday or Sunday!

Sponsored Content

|