The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mabie Todd Swan L212/52 In Lapis Lazuli

swan turned-up l212 lapis lapis lazuli stub

2 replies to this topic

#1 SchaumburgSwan

SchaumburgSwan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2019 - 20:08

Hi,

I restored a vintage Mabie Todd Swan L212/52 in lapis lazuli colored celluloid made ca. 1936.

This one has a longer section and a flatter turning knop than my L212/60, so I suspect it to be an early version...

It's nib is a medium stub with nice flex. A turned up nib.

L212_52_1.jpg

L212_52_2.jpg

L212_52_3.jpg

L212_52_4_en.jpg

Best

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.c...5166@N02/albums

Sponsored Content

#2 Cob

Cob

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2019 - 20:28

You are fortunate to find such a fine example.  I recommend a silicone sac as these are prone to discolouration.  I think that your pen is a little later than the date you mentioned - I would guess 1937/8.

Lovely nib.

Cob

fpn_1428963683__6s.jpg “The pen of the British Empire” fpn_1423349537__swan_sign_is.jpg

#3 SchaumburgSwan

SchaumburgSwan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2019 - 20:45

You are fortunate to find such a fine example.  I recommend a silicone sac as these are prone to discolouration.  I think that your pen is a little later than the date you mentioned - I would guess 1937/8.

Lovely nib.

Cob

Thank You, Cob,

interesting to speculate about the date...

You say 1937/38 because the color looks more like the 1937 introduced "Coronation Blue", right?

A silicone sac in 20 is at hands, even if I usually prefer latex...

Best wishes

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.c...5166@N02/albums

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swan, turned-up, l212, lapis, lapis lazuli, stub

Sponsored Content

|