The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Franklin-Christoph

franklin christoph

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:49

The nib unit just twists out. You just have to be a little more careful on the model 20 and 31 with how the nib is set into the section. 

Can I just put silicone grease on the back of the nib unit and not on the feed itself? I may be confused

Sponsored Content

#62 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:53

Can I just put silicone grease on the back of the nib unit and not on the feed itself? I may be confused

What F-C recommends is unscrew the nib unit from the section and grease the threads on it and the threads where the section screws into the body. They have said they have used them without any grease but to be sure you won't have a leak do both areas. You don't want grease own the actual feed as it will prevent ink flow and not operate correctly. Only grease threads....

I have done this on my model 02, p66, 45, 45l. I have changed the nib unit a number of times on my model 31 which the nib is inset like it is on the 20. I haven't eyedroppered my 20 or changed its nib as I've only had it a few weeks and its body isn't transparent so I will only use it with the converter.

Edited by Driften, 23 January 2020 - 02:56.

#63 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:59

Here is a F-C video on applying the grease https://youtu.be/eYksoT6Yc-g

#64 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 22:29

What F-C recommends is unscrew the nib unit from the section and grease the threads on it and the threads where the section screws into the body. They have said they have used them without any grease but to be sure you won't have a leak do both areas. You don't want grease own the actual feed as it will prevent ink flow and not operate correctly. Only grease threads....

I have done this on my model 02, p66, 45, 45l. I have changed the nib unit a number of times on my model 31 which the nib is inset like it is on the 20. I haven't eyedroppered my 20 or changed its nib as I've only had it a few weeks and its body isn't transparent so I will only use it with the converter.

Thank you. I got confused when I initially saw the video and though the grease was being put on the feed and not on the nib unit threads.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: franklin christoph

Sponsored Content

|