- Build Quality : build quality is excellent. According to the Pelikan description, the dark red parts are made of high quality resin "that polishes itself time and again during use". Myself, I use a piece of cloth from time to time to polish the pen and remove fingerprints ;-) The pen withstood the passing of time without any problem. After almost two years of use, it looks good as new. I really appreciate the amber ink window incorporated in the design, that makes it easy to judge the ink level.
- Weight & Dimensions : about 125 mm when capped - and as such a rather small pen. It's also definitely a featherweight. If you prefer pens with some heft to them, the M101N model will not be your thing. Posted - the pen becomes about 155 mm long, and fits even larger hands.
- Filling System : this is a piston-filler, that holds quite some ink. The piston is made from plastic, but works really well. Pelikan are known for their excellent piston mechanism.
- Nib & Performance : the M101N Souverän pens have gold nibs. This one comes with a monotone 14C-585 gold nib, that really suits the aesthetics of the pen. The nib unit can be exchanged quite easily, and is compatible between the M120/M200/M400/M101N models. Being able to change nibs is a significant plus in my book!
- Price : I got this pen for 489 EUR, including taxes. These are definitely more expensive than the regular M400 pens. For this, you get a limited production pen, with a vintage-inspired design.
Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 28 December 2019 - 19:40
Posted 28 December 2019 - 19:49
Thanks for posting this, I appreciate your user reviews and great photography.
"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast
Posted 28 December 2019 - 22:00
A great pen. I got my second one fairly recently and love the way thy behave.
The Good Captain
"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"
Posted 29 December 2019 - 06:00
Thank you for such a great review!
"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today
Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:20
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen pit stop, pelikan, m101n, tortoiseshell red
Brand Focus →
Inks, Inc. →
Ink Comparisons →
Brand Focus →
Brand Focus →
Brand Focus →