Pelikan Pens On Amazon...

two2tone

Very helpful, thank you. I have seen some very exciting nibs on old 400NN pens!

Problem is those nibs are not so easy to get without the pen.

When you have an 400NN pen, and nib, you keep it as it is, I assure you.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dascott

• sansenri

• Runnin_Ute

• two2tone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem is those nibs are not so easy to get without the pen.

When you have an 400NN pen, and nib, you keep it as it is, I assure you.

Ah yes, good point. [Excitement waning...]

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my M200 Cognac through Amazon from a Japanese seller. This was several months to a year after release.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I recently also bought a M605 Stresemann on Amazon.it for 221 euro, quite a nice deal.

I had to choose an F nib, M and B were priced 324 euro, inexplicable... (prices are similar still now).

Obviously the pen came in the small cardboard box.

The important thing to note is that if you need any kind of warranty support (beyond a return period), you will have to work directly with Germany (they speak English, but getting through to them can be a hassle as they tend to direct inquries to chartpak, the US distributor/warranty provider). The Pelikan warranty is a world-wide warranty - but there is no guarantee the distributor in your country will handle any warranty claims. Whatever.. My guess is that the distributors are essentially suppose to handle any warranty work themselves with replacement parts and the warranty claim is factored into their wholesale cost..

For whatever reason, the prices from European distributors are just a lot less. I have emailed chartpak my feelings about US pricing.. and given the standard response of "it's worth it" (yes.. 300 dollars more worth it lol right).

If you are buying from Amazon UK - when tends to be who sells them - the standard return period applies of course but just double check on this to be sure.

As far my experience, I purchased an M800 late last year and the nib was barely functional. Thankfully I am pretty good with the basic adjustments and got it writing perfectly.. but again, You are saving 300 dollars, so part of that saving is not getting a nib check from the dealer.. and Pelikan QC is hit and miss. What value that savings is to you is for you to decide.. everyone puts a different value on how much time they would want to spend dealing with that potential issue.

Edited by Penryn87