The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Blue Wave Ebonite King Of Pen Naginata-Togi Le

sailor king of pen naginata-togi

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 22:42

almost not a pen but a work of art

Sponsored Content

#22 OmegaMountain

OmegaMountain

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:08

The KOP ebonite has more movement to it than the Manten does, but I have little doubt that Eboya produced the ebonite that Sailor used for that beautiful KOP.

Attached Images

• 47493031221_903019d928.jpg

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

#23 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 21:13

This is amazing, are you sure Yukio Nagahara tunes them? I have heard he is the one who monitors the nibs and not actually grinds them.

Well, I don't work there. Perhaps the master oversees the work, but my understanding is that he makes these nibs. Even if not he is ultimately responsible and checks the work of his apprentices so I'm not sure there is a difference. No matter the craft Japanese masters do not pass on inferior work of their students. They have reputations and nobody learns if that were to happen. 

#24 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 21:14

The KOP ebonite has more movement to it than the Manten does, but I have little doubt that Eboya produced the ebonite that Sailor used for that beautiful KOP.

That would be cool.

#25 Newton Pens

Newton Pens

Pen Making Nib Grinding Nut

• Premium - Diamond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 22:09

Eboya/Nikko made that ebonite.  If you look through the Eboya facebook page, maybe their Instagram page too, you can see all sorts of colors in that similar swirl pattern.  :)
Gorgeous stuff.  I have some blue/gray/black in ripple and marbled.

We Give Away Scholarships! - Support High School Students Going to College

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, king of pen, naginata-togi

Sponsored Content

|