The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Moonman 2 Seals

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:37

I have leaking Moonman 2s. I don't know exactly when but I guess around 1-year-usage they started annoying me.

The problem is a seal between the inner section and the grip section. In the drawing, the inner section is the top drawing, the grip section below.

This seal seems to extend, gets loose and lets ink pass. The ink then moves in the area between the inner section and the grip section until it reaches your fingers or assembles in the cap.

In several of my Moonmans, I need to exchange that seal. Where to get such seals? Or do you make them by yourself?

And a question: how to remove the feed/nib from the inner section? I tried cautiously pulling - neither did I destroy it nor did it move.

Thank you

fpn_1577341622__moonman.jpg

Edited by mke, 26 December 2019 - 06:42.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:13

Is that the screw in nib unit collar if so the simple fix is applied a coat of silicone grease evenly onto the collar exterior and back it screwed in ; this actually applied to all nib unit type construction ; had seen similar issue with almost all brands of pen with similar ( and different brand's ) nib unit ; its pretty universal.  And getting the nib and feed off well they are just friction fitted so just patience and pull it

Edited by Mech-for-i, 27 December 2019 - 04:44.

Sponsored Content

|