The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker Sonnet Metro Special Edition 2018 Ballpoint Pics And Impressions

sonnet metro special edition 2018 ballpoint

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ardene

ardene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:46

I was given a Parker Sonnet 2018 special edition, of the Metro variation of the special edition. This was a pleasant surprise - I did not even know that there were Sonnet ballpoints before I joined FPN last year.

fpn_1577244076__sonnet_whole.jpg

The Metro variant of the special edition are pens with black bodies and chrome-coloured caps with a city map pattern over the metal. The black plastic body feels like some sort of organic material, not unlike MB's "resin" plastic, to the touch. The map pattern's tactile sensation is matte. Metro pens have palladium trim. Pictures of the Metro fountain pen can be found in this thread: http://www.fountainp...sterling-metro/

Here are some more pictures of the pen.

fpn_1577244253__sonnet_upper_part.jpg

fpn_1577244397__sonnet_lower.jpg

fpn_1577244535__sonnet_top.jpg

fpn_1577244642__sonnet_arrow.jpg

fpn_1577244732__sonnet_detail.jpg

fpn_1577244829__sonnet_parker_logo.jpg

fpn_1577244907__sonnet_france.jpg

fpn_1577244967__sonnet_date.jpg

This pen has datecode P, standing for the 4th quarter of 2017.

The pen is not very light; it feels substantial and well-made. In comparison to a Jotter flighter the pen is noticeably heavier. In writing with an oil ink refill it does not require any pressure. Gel refills are even easier to write with. In comparison to the Jotter concerning writing, the Jotter kind of makes me write faster. The Sonnet, as a result, can feel more leisurely and relaxed.

fpn_1577245470__sonnet_in_hand.jpg

fpn_1577245571__sonnet_whole_bw.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:45

Nice review! Looks like a great pen.

#3 tanalasta

tanalasta

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:15

Lovely.

Parker does most (if not all) of their range in FP/RB/BP +/- pencil.

I had a lacquer sonnet to mark a special occasion a few decades ago and still have it to this day. They are lovely pens and nicely balanced.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)
In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

#4 IvoryParker

IvoryParker

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:58

Congratulations on your beautiful gift. You are truly appreciated.

#5 ardene

ardene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 982 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2020 - 19:11

Nice review! Looks like a great pen.

Thank you. It is. With ballpoints it ultimately is a matter of the refill quality of course, but the pen is very well balanced as Tanalasta observed.

Lovely.

Parker does most (if not all) of their range in FP/RB/BP +/- pencil.

I had a lacquer sonnet to mark a special occasion a few decades ago and still have it to this day. They are lovely pens and nicely balanced.

The twist action is also extremely smooth. The newer Parker refills (non-gel) are also very pleasant to write with.

Congratulations on your beautiful gift. You are truly appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words. I surely hope so!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonnet, metro, special edition, 2018, ballpoint

Sponsored Content

|