What’S On Your Pelikan New Year Wishlist?

oregano

Congrats, Ruth! I got the same pen recently and have really been enjoying it. Definitely spring-y. I used a new ink to me, Akkerman Dutch Masters Cardinal Purple, which is a perfect match--perhaps worth considering!

The pen came Friday. Box looked a little like it "fell off of truck". But the pen itself is great. Inked it up yesterday with Edelstein Topaz (I already have two other pens inked up with purples at the moment), and very happy with the pen so far.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• oregano

• inkstainedruth

• WLSpec

• 4 weeks later...

My 2020 Pen Wishlist was to put together some more everyday carry sets and cases. I like to use a different ink color everyday to see how much I've written and I think this will help.

-An Pelikan 800 Ocean Swirl FP and BP: picked it February and put it in a Pelikan 2 pen black case I bought last year

-A Pelikan 600 Violet and White FP and BP: Picked it up in February and ordered a replacement M600 in March due to a defective cap that won't post

-A Pelikan 2 pen Black Nappa Zipper case: bought it in February for the ocean swirl set, but it's borderline too small. Put the Violet and White set in it.

- A Pelikan 800 Black Old Style MP and BP to match my older Black M800: Picked it up in January and put all three in a black Pelikan 3 pen case.

-A Pelikan 800 Green and Black MP and BP from W. Germany to match my M800 Green and Black from the same era: Picked up in January and March, might need to repurpose an old case or buy a new one. I'm still waiting on the pen to ship.

-A Pelikan M205 Yellow demo to use as a highlighter with the above sets. Even switching the BB nib out with a 1.5mm italic, it's a bit narrower than I'd like for high lighting text. Not sure what I will do with this one. : Purchased in February

-A Brown Crocodile Case for my Pelikan 800 Brown and Black FP and BP set: picked up a Smythson Case in January

So, I burned thru my list pretty quickly by going completed bananas this year and buying pens at a ridiculous rate. Now I have two nice Montblanc FP/BP/DM sets, two ancient slightly mismatched Sheaffer Prelude sets, one Pelikan 400 FP/BP/MP set, one M600 FP/BP set, two FP/BP M800 sets, and two M800 FP/BP/MP sets, plus a highlighter FP I can mix and match with . I think I'm finally full up with ten EDC sets. Obviously, I went a little teeny, tiny bit over board.

The only thing left on my list is maybe one more three or four pen case to carry and store them in and choosing the perfect inks to complement the pens. Good thing I have all year to pick one up. I'm very tempted to sell of a lot of my other brands of pens as I'm not sure they'll ever make it into the rotation again. Plus, I' wouldn't mind claw some money back. On the other hand selling pens is so time consuming. Decisions, decisions...

after quite diligently going through my wish list set last year, I'm still left with

M800 Stone garden

M800 brown striped

m1000, probably Stresemann

that, however, unless something else unexpectedly comes up

On preorder is the M1000 Raden Green Ray

On the wishlist:

M101N Lizard

M910 Toledo Red

M910 Toledo Yellow

M800 Raden Royal Gold

M800 Burnt Orange

M805 Ocean Swirl

M1000 Maki-e Lucky Bats

That would make my list pretty complete for now unless I found a well priced:

M1000 Sunrise Raden

Gobblecup ~

• 4 weeks later...

m805 Vibrant blue

Any tortoiseshell pen (probably 400)

An m620 GP if it ever popped up on the market! :)

And a 100n

Those are the wishlist - hopefully I will end up with one!

If Pelikan stays true to form, then the matching pen to the ink of the year in Moonstone.

Posted Image

If Pelikan stays true to form, then the matching pen to the ink of the year in Moonstone.

I would think that would be an m20x model, right? Probably an m205

Edited by WLSpec

After having made my wishlist, I found a Pelikan 600 white tortoise. And I thought, and I thought, and I thought, and I know I have a Pelikan 400 white tortoise, but even so...

and then I pushed the button.

Glad I did!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

• 2 weeks later...