What’S On Your Pelikan New Year Wishlist?

oregano

I guess I drunk the koolaid on the pastel colors! Actually, I have a lot of serious Pelikans and now find myself wanting more colorful ones :) I like the idea of having a mini-collection within the collection. What’s on your wishlist, Dr. Codfish?

A couple things. I saw a beautiful, blue lapis Pelikan 100, actually two of them together, and one was in very good condition, the other showed it's age but was still a serviceable example. I've seen pics of these before however, up close and personal these were 'I want' pens. But of course these are pens to break the bank, I'll have to start socking the shekels away.

The other is one that many of us want, but none of us can have, …. the M600 Tortoise, but you've heard this from me before.

but o

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• oregano

• inkstainedruth

• WLSpec

An M800 spanish tortoise if I ever manage to win the lottery.

The current setup

1. Conid Regular AntwerpPen/Naginata Cross Concord- Sailor Nioi-Sumire (two years and counting!)

2. 1920-something Wahl-Eversharp BCHR Oversize Gold Seal/Manifold- Aurora Black

3. Pelikan M800 Tortoise/O3B- Kobe Ginza gold sepia

1936 Vacumatic Oversize Brown Pearl- Rest in (several) pieces. You will be missed!

If we are really talking about WISHlists, then for me in the New Year for Pelikan, the top two would be:

1.) M600 Pink-White,

2.) M800 Raden GOLD.

--The first one seems in the meantime to be really difficult at anything resembling a reasonable price (reasonable defined as a new model or used model in excellent condition somewhere less than 150% of the original street price).

--The second is for me really a wish, as it comes down to justifying such a pen under my budgetary constraints. If the year turns out very good financially, AND I can find one for sale, there is may be hope.

~ Lam1:

You don't wait, you go out and make life happen!

Congratulations!

If they're photo-worthy, it'd be a treat to see them here after you've received them.

Tom K.

Tom,

Yes, indeed, I didn't wait.

But, this time, it turned out sour!

The pen had a flaw, which I believe was from factory (a very rough patch in the overlay, but with most, if not all, of the plating. So, it cannot have been done afterwards). The pen was sold as mint with no flaws. I contacted the seller and he does not want to take it back (although eBay will force him). But the whole stress is simply not worth it.

So, apparently, the Toledo is back on the list!

Tom,

Yes, indeed, I didn't wait.

But, this time, it turned out sour!

The pen had a flaw, which I believe was from factory (a very rough patch in the overlay, but with most, if not all, of the plating. So, it cannot have been done afterwards). The pen was sold as mint with no flaws. I contacted the seller and he does not want to take it back (although eBay will force him). But the whole stress is simply not worth it.

So, apparently, the Toledo is back on the list!

~ Lam1:

WHAT ?!?!?!

I'm very sorry that this happened to you.

The disappointment and stress together are a dismal kick-off to 2020.

I hope that your next Pelikan purchases will be far more satisfactory.

Tom K.

:yikes: That's AWFUL Lam1! So sorry to hear that... add that story to all the nib quality stories... makes you wonder doesn't it...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

~ Lam1:

WHAT ?!?!?!

I'm very sorry that this happened to you.

The disappointment and stress together are a dismal kick-off to 2020.

I hope that your next Pelikan purchases will be far more satisfactory.

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom.

Since I'm nearly always adding a bird or another, all is forgotten by now that I received two vintage birds :D (I knew my bad memory was good for something :lol: ). See below.

:yikes: That's AWFUL Lam1! So sorry to hear that... add that story to all the nib quality stories... makes you wonder doesn't it...

Thank you, Bill.

Yes, sometimes I do wonder.

But, I think my wife is right: she just doesn't care and uses the pens a they are.

Besides, these two babies made me forget all about it (sorry, couldn't resist the "old" frame)

fpn_1579467529__img_7578.jpg

Personally, I would like to get my paws on one of the 2012 Special Edition M605s in all black, with the bi-coloured nib. Preferably in ‘F’.

I wanted to buy one last year, but had to pass it up because all my money was then still trapped in legal (probate) limbo.
Now that I can buy non-essential items again, I am crossing my fingers and waiting (im-) patiently for another to come up for sale.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I managed to snag what I wanted, which are a bunch of Pelikan steel M20x "replacement" Extra fine nibs at 10% off from Cult Pens. Better that than to pay the "EF tax" for future limited edition M20x pens; my (wife's) M205 Olivine and Star Ruby have F nibs because we/I did not want to pay up to US$10 more just to have EF nibs fitted on those as supplied, when for £6.74 (approximately US$8.80, or $13 in my local currency) I could buy a replacement M205 steel EF nib and have the benefit of two interchangeable nibs on hand for each pen.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I almost ordered an M120 Iconic Blue because Goldspot had it on sale for $149 but I decided not to and then my cell died and I had to spend $146 on a new one.

I waited on an Iconic Blue until I actually saw one in the wild. I almost bought a Sailor Pro-Gear Slim at the Baltimore-Washington show a couple of years ago, but the lighting was bad at the table where I saw it. So the seller let me take it over to the next table, which had brought their own lighting. And I was about to take the plunge, only when I went back to the first table I saw that M120 -- and it was all over.... :wub:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You make me laugh! from Stressman to Violet-white, that's not just moving around the color wheel, it's leaping from one universe to another!

That sounds just like me, as well. :rolleyes: Violet-white just isn't in the budget. But I keep hoping that I'll get lucky somehow.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That sounds just like me, as well. :rolleyes: Violet-white just isn't in the budget. But I keep hoping that I'll get lucky somehow.

Endless pens has very good prices, fyi, Ruth! Those blue lapis Pelikan 100s sure would look nice with the modern reissues, Dr. Codfish. I have seen some at the pen shows too, but way out of my budget.

On my (realistic) wish list are only four Pelikans left:

-M200 green marbled

-M900 Toledo

-L65 red or white (once I had a red one but I broke it.)

-P? Pelikano Up (more for my collection than for writing)

If I'd stumble upon a M600 green o' green or M800 Vibrant blue for a cheap price, I'd certainly buy those too.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

After a completely awful couple of days fighting with (first) our phone carrier and then with Apple (repeatedly, over different issues), I got a shocker in my inbox. A seller on eBay sent out a "You've been watching my listing, here's an offer for you...." And after doing a little checking around at some other online vendors, and clarifying some details about the description vs. the photos with the seller (as well as checking as to what the negative feedback regarding the seller's previous transactions had entailed), I took the plunge and hit the "accept offer button". Because it was pretty much too good to pass up. And an M600 Violet and White is theoretically going to be in my mailbox in about a week.... :o :D B)

​edited for formatting issues

Edited by inkstainedruth

Well, I did it. As mentioned in my previous post, I ordered the Montblanc JFK Special Edition in blue that was on my wish list. It will be here in a few weeks.

In the meantime, I am still intending to either purchase the MB JFK in burgundy (to have the set) or possibly the m1005 Streseman or perhaps the m800 Blue Dunes or Stone Garden. I saw some photos of the M200 Pastel Green and it did not appeal to me. But we shall see. I want to spend some quality time with my new pen when it comes. Then I will reevaluate what I may need.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

After a completely awful couple of days fighting with (first) our phone carrier and then with Apple (repeatedly, over different issues), I got a shocker in my inbox. A seller on eBay sent out a "You've been watching my listing, here's an offer for you...." And after doing a little checking around at some other online vendors, and clarifying some details about the description vs. the photos with the seller (as well as checking as to what the negative feedback regarding the seller's previous transactions had entailed), I took the plunge and hit the "accept offer button". Because it was pretty much too good to pass up. And an M600 Violet and White is theoretically going to be in my mailbox in about a week.... :o :D B)

​edited for formatting issues

Congrats, Ruth! I got the same pen recently and have really been enjoying it. Definitely spring-y. I used a new ink to me, Akkerman Dutch Masters Cardinal Purple, which is a perfect match--perhaps worth considering!

How often are the new M101Ns released? I love the form of the pen, but don't love any of the color combinations it has been released in and am hoping the next one is more to my liking.