What’S On Your Pelikan New Year Wishlist?

oregano

On more than 1 occasion, I have almost submitted an order for the M605 Stresemann...

Place the item in the cart, go to check out and chicken out before completing the purchase lol

Mike L.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• oregano

• inkstainedruth

• WLSpec

On more than 1 occasion, I have almost submitted an order for the M605 Stresemann...

Place the item in the cart, go to check out and chicken out before completing the purchase lol

It is very muted, but the stripes sparkle a bit if you look closely. I recently purchased the Stresseman, alongside the Stone Garden, and have to say the Stone Garden design is a lot more original to my eye. Then again, if you're in the mood for something more restrained, the Stresseman fits the bill!

Been contemplating a second Pelikan for some time. The choice has been narrowed down to (in no particular order):

M600 (red stripe)

M605 Stresseman

M1005 Stresseman

I love the grey/black (my only Pelikan is the M805 Stresseman) look. The real question is whether I want to go larger - I do like large pens - or go slightly smaller. a rebate fro the taxman in April/May will give me the funds to do it! (Here’s hopping the taxman gives me some money back.)

All three are excellent choices, and I think you would be happy with any of them. I suppose you could stretch your budget a bit and buy 2, or pick up a couple used and stay within budget? :)

I am an M6xx fan myself (my favorite Pelikan size) and I use them a lot for EDC. If M8xx is your reference, the M6xx is, to my hand, a little bit smaller, but quite a bit lighter (due to the plastic piston mechanicals compared to brass in the M8xx chassis). The M10xx is a bit fatter and a tad heavier than the M8xx, but if as stated you like large pens, the M10xx is a joy to use. The nib has a lovely bounce and the feed is very generous (OK, they are typically absolute gushers out of the box).

I picked up the M1005 Stresemann (in Broad) when it came out last year, and it is just lovely. I didn't think I would like the grey/black/silver trim, but the way the Stresemann finish shimmers and plays in the light is for me really nice.

The M600 in red was among my early Pelikans, and it remains one of my favorites. The pen was confiscated years ago by my wife, out of whose cold, dead hands I would now have to pry it. We both like the color and the pen very much.

Of course, if you like the M805 Stresemann, the M605 Stresemann (also on my purchase list for 2020) will continue that pleasure in a slightly smaller and much lighter format.

I am 182cm (5'11") tall with medium hands (19cm from heel of palm to longest fingertip), and I find the difference in size between the M600 and M800 is for me the difference between posting and not. I tend to use the M600 posted, and the M800 and M1000 unposted. I have been a Pelikan user for over 20 years now, but I actually bought my first M800 last year when the Brown-Black M800 came out, and I like it, but on the other hand, I find it for my hand (very slightly) big and heavy for EDC, and I think I prefer the M10xx for desk duty. But make no mistake: the M8xx is a fine pen.

All three pens you listed are a pleasure to use, and they are two different writing experiences and two different color experiences. You have a difficult choice on your hands, but a fun one. Let us know how you decide!

Edited by N1003U

M605 Stresemann on my wish list too

the M600 is my preferred size (although I do own a few M800s, some M400s and quite a number of M200s...)

some further new materials (like the vibrant series or like the Go'G, Bo'B but new colours) on the M600 would be nice

My wish was to find an ink that would work well in my Pelikan 140, and after almost a year and a half, I succeeded almost by accident. My daughter returned to me a bottle of Iroshizuku Kujaku that I had given to her some years ago, and I decided to try it in the Pelikan. Presto! The pen writes smoothly and produces a nicely saturated line.

My wish was to find an ink that would work well in my Pelikan 140, and after almost a year and a half, I succeeded almost by accident. My daughter returned to me a bottle of Iroshizuku Kujaku that I had given to her some years ago, and I decided to try it in the Pelikan. Presto! The pen writes smoothly and produces a nicely saturated line.

~ ENewton:

That's great! I have a Pelikan 140 M which is a reliable writer.

Iroshizuku Ku-jaku is a very nice ink.

Thank you for telling this.

Tom K.

~ ENewton:

That's great! I have a Pelikan 140 M which is a reliable writer.

Iroshizuku Ku-jaku is a very nice ink.

Thank you for telling this.

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom, for this and for all the kindly encouragement you provide to others in thread after thread.

My Pelikan 140 is an extra fine, I think. It has never been unreliable, just dry in as light a hand as mine. It's a pen I have wanted to love, its small size and shape being ideal for my hand. Now I can finally really enjoy it.

Thank you, Tom, for this and for all the kindly encouragement you provide to others in thread after thread.

My Pelikan 140 is an extra fine, I think. It has never been unreliable, just dry in as light a hand as mine. It's a pen I have wanted to love, its small size and shape being ideal for my hand. Now I can finally really enjoy it.

~ ENewton:

You've made my day!

Your Pelikan 140 EF has finally come into its own.

That's a great way to begin 2020.

Tom K.

-contemplating getting my first m800, the Stone Garden

-m605 Blue marine

-m600 Ruby red or Berlin if they come up

oh, and I have the new m605 Stresseman coming soon! I have been waiting for this pen to come out for years, so I am counting it as a new year pen

Well, I am going to have to eat my words :rolleyes: --I got the Stone garden only to find out that my fears of the m800 being too big were correct. I think I may have morphed into someone else at New year's--it also turned out the m605 Stresseman is too conservative for my tastes. In a strange turn of events, I am now considering the m600 Violet-white and looking forward to the m200 pastel in April. Either that, or have Easter and warmer climes on the mind!

In the meantime, like others, I will enjoy my m600s, including the several currently inked...

and looking forward to the m200 pastel in April.

~ oregano:

That makes two of us.

The pastel green M200 with an EF nib would be welcome on my writing desk.

I'm glad that you're enjoying several Pelikans now.

Tom K.

Okay - trying to get this thread back on track...

I´m hoping for an M805 Stresemann EF this year. I´ve been stalking it for years now and not done anything about it.

~ Lam1:

To be satisfied is a happy feeling.

Whatever Pelikan you might add in 2020, I hope that it'll write well for you.

Who knows what unexpected beauties might be offered this year?

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom!

I hope 2020 brings some great birds (and MBs too) to your collection!

Speaking of what beauties will come my way...

I'm pretty happy with my Pelikan collection and don't really have anything in the wish list.

I might spring for a M900 Toledo, but it is not something that I really "need".

Of course, that is not to say that I will not buy "one or two" birds this year. :D

Well, that is out of the way! :)

A quick visit to eBay this afternoon proved expensive, but (hopefully) productive: a M900 and a 100 are coming my way.

Now, I truly don't have a Pelikan wish list for 2020! :unsure:

But, I'm sure that can be fixed! :P

Speaking of what beauties will come my way...

A quick visit to eBay this afternoon proved expensive, but (hopefully) productive: a M900 and a 100 are coming my way.

Now, I truly don't have a Pelikan wish list for 2020! :unsure:

But, I'm sure that can be fixed! :P

~ Lam1:

You don't wait, you go out and make life happen!

Congratulations!

If they're photo-worthy, it'd be a treat to see them here after you've received them.

Tom K.

Thanks for the link — great to see the images in one place!

I finally completed the set in 2019, after about 15 years of chasing them on and off. They're delightful. Even the packaging is nice.

I'm eyeballing the M640 series now, But I think they'll be a little heavier than I'd like. I do like the ergonomic shapes.

2019 will be more about enjoying the too many pens I already have, getting some repairs and modifications done, and rounding out sets for EDC. I've already got a D800 Green and Black en route to match my W. German era M800 and a previously forgotten Piqadro 2 pen and paper case to put them in.

I almost ordered an M120 Iconic Blue because Goldspot had it on sale for $149 but I decided not to and then my cell died and I had to spend $146 on a new one.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

On my wishlist for this year: I need a pen with red ink for emphasis, and it should be a Pelikan BB nib. A Star Ruby may be in my near future!

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

On my wishlist for this year: I need a pen with red ink for emphasis, and it should be a Pelikan BB nib. A Star Ruby may be in my near future!

~ Kalessin:

The Pelikan Star Ruby on my writing desk is a BB nib.

Pure joy to use!

It happens to be a Fritz Schimpf Italic Grind BB.

The red color is far more understated than I'd expected.

Very suitable for work.

I hope that 2020 will find a Star Ruby BB on your writing desk.

Tom K.

Well, I am going to have to eat my words :rolleyes: --I got the Stone garden only to find out that my fears of the m800 being too big were correct. I think I may have morphed into someone else at New year's--it also turned out the m605 Stresseman is too conservative for my tastes. In a strange turn of events, I am now considering the m600 Violet-white and looking forward to the m200 pastel in April. Either that, or have Easter and warmer climes on the mind!

In the meantime, like others, I will enjoy my m600s, including the several currently inked...

You make me laugh! from Stressman to Violet-white, that's not just moving around the color wheel, it's leaping from one universe to another!

You make me laugh! from Stressman to Violet-white, that's not just moving around the color wheel, it's leaping from one universe to another!

I guess I drunk the koolaid on the pastel colors! Actually, I have a lot of serious Pelikans and now find myself wanting more colorful ones :) I like the idea of having a mini-collection within the collection. What’s on your wishlist, Dr. Codfish?