The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan M1000 Nib Sizes And Color Choices

pelikan m1000 nib color

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ruddy

ruddy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 18:39

I'm going to be buying a Pelikan M1000 in the next few days and was wondering what Nib size to order. I currently have an M805 with a B stub nib that I love. However, I had an M805 with an F nib that I preferred slightly more and my current daily driver is a Lamy 2000 with a M nib. Having used the B and F nibs on the M805 extensively, I'm leaning towards an F nib on the M1000 but I've also heard that you start to appreciate B nibs on fountain pens after writing with them for a while. Which nib size would be a good choice for everyday writing?

I'm also debating between color choices and it's come down to either the new M1005 with grey stripes, the M1000 with green stripes, and the all black M1000. I'm leaning towards the all black M1000 due to the fact that I find it hard to see the ink level through the stripes of my M805 but I'd also like to have stripes because it's Pelikan's quintessential design. Is the ink window good enough to justify getting the all-black pelikan (I haven't seen much about the ink window) or should I go with the stripes and if so, which color? Thanks!

Sponsored Content

#2 rickap

rickap

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 19:24

I have a black M1000 and the ink window is so dark you have to hold it up to light to clearly see ink in it. Otherwise it just looks black. I have an M400, green strip, and the ink level is far easier to see in the M400 than in the black M1000. It doesn't really matter though because I don't constantly check ink level and when I do it is no problem to hold it up to light to see it. I'd suggest choosing the one that looks most appealing to you.

The grey stripe is the Stresemann special edition. If you want that keep in mind it may not be available much longer.

I have a fine nib on my M1000 and I really like it. It produces a line very close to a medium nib from other pens. It is a wet nib.

Hope you find and enjoy your M1000!

Rick

#3 WLSpec

WLSpec

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2019 - 20:10

I would go classic green stripe, my green stripe m400 is very easy to tell ink level just like rickap's. For everyday writing I would go for a medium or a fine nib, but it really depends on your personal preference. An m1000 is a big investment so get something that you know you will like and will want to use, go safe. 

Good luck finding the right pen!

-WLSpec

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m1000, nib, color

Sponsored Content

|