Green Leaf Ink

Dip n Scratch

I was trawling one of the Web sites devoted to buying products made in China and noticed Green Leaf Brand Ink. Has anyone come across this brand?

The ink is dirt cheap. Shipping is where things turn sour. It makes the price of curiosity expensive. If it is nothing particularly special, then you don't buy any more.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dip n Scratch

• lapis

• lgsoltek

• Mech-for-i

Was not sure about whether it was OK to post a direct link, but the site is BuyToMe. They seem to be a Taobao agent.

https://www.buytome.com/goods/item/detail/id/606432310003

As you can see there's just the three colours. In the first picture i'd say the blue is in the middle.

Edited by Dip n Scratch

Doesn't look like anything special. But sure is a good deal, probably for students (mainly there) who can't afford any other brand of ink.

BTW it is always more than OK to post a direct link here... the only thing we look down on here is any member's attempt to post e.g. an ink review consisting of nothing other than a link to their review of that ink somewhere else.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I did decide to buy the ink. I will let you know how much it actually ends up costing me. I was sort of wondering if the final bill would mean it wasn't cheap any more.

I was suspicious the final cost might mean it'd have been better buying a bottle of Hero from ebay that is only around 3 to 3.20 UK pounds

The seller claimed Chinese Customs were getting stricter about posting inks. I said to find out what sort of packing they consider acceptable.

If they were that strict I would never have got my last two bottles of Hero 202. I hope there is an answer & it gets posted before the Lunar New Year holiday.

Little late to this thread but Green Leaf is a rather old brand , started in Kunming ( and still there ) some time during the 50's when the industry set up a lot of local / regional / 2nd tier Mfr serving the SW region of the country, just as others nothing fancy these are workhorse grade product just mean to be used , though their Blue Black had always enjoy praise being one of the long standing old fashion formulated Iron Gall ink that flow well, dried to be immune to water damage. Their Carbon Black , as almost all old style Carbon Black are heavy on Carbon contents and generally consider not a user friendly ink ( high maintenance ) ; jus like most old style formula used by Chinese ink Mfrs both of them do not include any glossing agent and dried to a sort of matt finish instead, of which its closer to finishes aka a dark pencil or Sumi ink

I was going to suggest mailing it in a plastic box as would be used for food & which had a airtight lid which could then be taped.

It still makes me wonder how my other ink orders got through & I mean the packaging method.

In the end I don't think that I would be buying a large amount of the ink. With shipping and any Customs charge it may well equal what i'd have to pay for the same amount of Herbin or Diamine. It is just to satisfy my curiosity.

I've browsed Taobao before and it is amazing what is available. Prices and selections are jaw dropping. Whenever I feel that I can't possibly make myself buy another bottle of ink, I'll take a look at Taobao and retrigger the addiction. It's the older brands that I am interested in, no sparkles or gold powder. So it will be interesting to see what you come up with because I have seen that ink for several years. Wish that Taobao was accessible and understandable and that the agents were more upfront on costs. All the luck you can get and let us know how it goes.