Hello From New Jersey

Symphing12

Hello everyone! I am from NJ, in the USA and I've been in this hobby since 2017. I currently own 7 (6 working) pens:

1. Lamy Al-Star (F & M nibs)
  2. Pilot Metropolitan (1.0 mm stub)
  3. Parker Vector (M, broken converter)
  4. Camlin Elegante (F) from India
  5. Jinhao X750 (M, but replaced with Goulet B)
  6. TWSBI Eco (EF), and
  7. Conklin Duraflex (Flex nib)

I'm new to FPN and hope to have a great time on here! I have a growing ink collection and hope to expand into gold nibs soon. I'm looking at either Pilot Custom 74, Vanishing Point, or Lamy 2000. I don't know which. Maybe this forum will help me decide?

Thanks for reading, cheers, and Happy Holidays!! :)

-Symphing12

1606232502_Lamy_2000-small.jpg.821dfc33b077cc13f836297562b87ddf.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Symphing12

• PAKMAN

• OCArt

• northstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and welcome to this friendly corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego. There is such a wealth of information waiting for you to discover on this site. Write On!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello everyone! I am from NJ, in the USA and I've been in this hobby since 2017. I currently own 7 (6 working) pens:

1. Lamy Al-Star (F & M nibs)
  2. Pilot Metropolitan (1.0 mm stub)
  3. Parker Vector (M, broken converter)
  4. Camlin Elegante (F) from India
  5. Jinhao X750 (M, but replaced with Goulet B)
  6. TWSBI Eco (EF), and
  7. Conklin Duraflex (Flex nib)

I'm new to FPN and hope to have a great time on here! I have a growing ink collection and hope to expand into gold nibs soon. I'm looking at either Pilot Custom 74, Vanishing Point, or Lamy 2000. I don't know which. Maybe this forum will help me decide?

Thanks for reading, cheers, and Happy Holidays!! :)

~ sjpens12:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network!

A Parker Vector F sits on my writing desk.

May 2020 be a time of much pen and ink writing!

Tom K.

Greetings from Pittsburgh (well, at the moment eastern Massachusetts)! :W2FPN:

I'm a complete sucker for Parker Vectors (one being my first "good" pen after a couple of Parker Reflexes). When I accidentally left the pen and the then-current journal at my brother-in-law's house about 8 years ago (I was ONLY using the pen for journaling back them), and tried to find a replacement until I got the pen and journal back), I eventually found my way here, and it had been all downhill from there.... :headsmack:). But I'm still a sucker for inexpensive pens like some of the ones you have listed, sjpens12 (my Christmas present this year was Yet Another™ :D Vector -- a NOS US-made "Geometric", still in its blister pack when it came, and currently inked up with a special LE ink made for the Central Ohio Pen Club as a fundraiser for them at the Ohio Pen Show in November).

I generally suggest that new people click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page when they log in, to get a good overview of a good range of topics (you can adjust how much/often, in the sidebar on the main page). And to check out the pinned Index to the Ink Reviews forum (we live in the Golden Age of Ink :D). But we are all shameless enablers here, and will happily help you spend your discretionary funds on pens, inks, paper, repair tools, ephemera, wax seals, pen shows....

I was just in NYC yesterday buying twist converters for some of my Vectors (didn't realize I had more of them than converters) at Fountain Pen Hospital in lower Manhattan.

I do have a question for you -- how do you like the stub nib on your Metropolitan? I keep thinking of getting one (I have a plain silver-color one with a medium nib), but I don't like a lot of the trim designs above the sections on the Retro Pop colors.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Greetings from Pittsburgh (well, at the moment eastern Massachusetts)! :W2FPN:

I'm a complete sucker for Parker Vectors (one being my first "good" pen after a couple of Parker Reflexes). When I accidentally left the pen and the then-current journal at my brother-in-law's house about 8 years ago (I was ONLY using the pen for journaling back them), and tried to find a replacement until I got the pen and journal back), I eventually found my way here, and it had been all downhill from there.... :headsmack:). But I'm still a sucker for inexpensive pens like some of the ones you have listed, sjpens12 (my Christmas present this year was Yet Another™ :D Vector -- a NOS US-made "Geometric", still in its blister pack when it came, and currently inked up with a special LE ink made for the Central Ohio Pen Club as a fundraiser for them at the Ohio Pen Show in November).

I generally suggest that new people click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page when they log in, to get a good overview of a good range of topics (you can adjust how much/often, in the sidebar on the main page). And to check out the pinned Index to the Ink Reviews forum (we live in the Golden Age of Ink :D). But we are all shameless enablers here, and will happily help you spend your discretionary funds on pens, inks, paper, repair tools, ephemera, wax seals, pen shows....

I was just in NYC yesterday buying twist converters for some of my Vectors (didn't realize I had more of them than converters) at Fountain Pen Hospital in lower Manhattan.

I do have a question for you -- how do you like the stub nib on your Metropolitan? I keep thinking of getting one (I have a plain silver-color one with a medium nib), but I don't like a lot of the trim designs above the sections on the Retro Pop colors.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

The Stub nib on my Metro is nice, but a little inconsistent at times. I also find it a bit scratchy, but I also don't have the best paper. I'm still in college so money is often tighter. I use it mostly to write music.

I also have a question for you: I can't figure out how to personalize this profile at all. Is there a pre-requisite to doing so? Thanks, Merry Christmas, and Write On!

Edited by sjpens12

-Symphing12

1606232502_Lamy_2000-small.jpg.821dfc33b077cc13f836297562b87ddf.jpg